General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First tri-suit Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-20 6:24 PM

Pembroke, ON
Subject: First tri-suit
Was excited to get my first tri suit in the mail today!  I was a bit nervous trying it on because..well, I'm no twiggy...lol but looks pretty good and feels really comfy.  My first tri I swam in a bathing suit then pulled run shorts, sports bra and shirt overtop the wet suit after the swim.  Not the easiest thing to do to pull a sports bra over a wet bathing suit!  I'm hoping the new suit will save me alot of time and be comfortable throughout

Question for the ladies, if I wear my sports bra underneath (there is a built in one but not really supportive enough to run in for me) will it chafe when wet during the run?

2009-08-20 9:23 PM
in reply to: #2361242

User image

Master
Riverside, IL
Subject: RE: First tri-suit
Some will and some won't...depends on the material.  I'd steer clear of anything cotton, as I can definitely see that chafing when wet.  I used a "tri-specific" sportsbra top underneath my trisuit...it was by TYR.  I think nearly all the tri apparel manufacturers make a tri sportsbra, so you might consider going with something like that, to be sure it doesn't chafe.  On the other hand, if you need an ample amount of support, then a traditional sportsbra might be a better option.  I've heard great things about Moving Comfort's Fiona & Maia bras, and also CW-X's bras being worn under trisuits and tritops without chafing. 
2009-08-20 10:37 PM

User image

Veteran
Kauai girl now in MIll Creek/Silver Firs
I wear the Moving Comfort maia under my trisuit and have never had any chafing. 
2009-08-21 6:00 AM

Pembroke, ON
I have a Fiona bra so hoping it does the trick
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First tri-suit Rss Feed