General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim belts Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-02 6:12 AM

Knoxville
Subject: Swim belts
Hello everyone,

First time poster here. I travel quite a bit for work and often have to swim in hotel pools.  This hasn't been a problem since I can work on drills (I started swimming about 3 months ago). However, I have improved enough to look into swim belts (Stretchcordz or Tyr) to allow me to work on my stroke in hotel pools. Has anyone had experience with swim belts and are they worth the money?  Any other manufacturer's to consider?

Thanks for any help,

Danny 

2009-09-03 11:08 AM
in reply to: #2384293

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Swim belts
since no one else replied, I'll add my beginner .02...  I have the TYR waist belt and sometimes use it at home when I can't get access to a real pool.  It works well for me, but it does mess with my breathing a bit.  Since there is no forward motion, the pocket of air is not where it should be.  As I'm becoming a better swimmer, and lifting less to breathe, it's more of a problem.  At first I swam fine with it, but now I find breathing (and having to lift further) is messing up my stroke a bit.  My solution is to wear a snorkle and work on other parts of my swimming form while using the belt.  It's a solid workout, and I can focus on little things like hand entry and pull motion instead of breathing.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim belts Rss Feed