Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Open Water Swimming in Port Moody BC Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2005-05-19 2:32 PM

User image

Pro
Vancouver, BC
Subject: Open Water Swimming in Port Moody BC
Hi BC BTers!

A group of us have started swimming in Sasamat lake in Port Moody on Wednesday evenings at 6:30pm. You are all welcome to join us. We meet at the first beach closer to the parking lot. This is the quieter beach without the concession stand. Both beaches are right next to each other, so you can't get lost.

Last night we went to the dock and back 1600m round trip, but when it get's a bit warmer we'll be going from the beach to the dock, to the canoes on the opposite side back to the beach for about 2km. For now you will need a wetsuit, but in July it should be all right to swim without one.

Jen

PS - I drive a dark blue 84 VW Cabriolet, so it you see it in the parking lot, I'm there.

2006-01-18 1:36 AM
in reply to: #160198

Veteran
Coquitlam, BC
Subject: RE: Open Water Swimming in Port Moody BC
Hey jen,

I see that I am about 7 months too late for this message... haha but i thought it was a great idea... how did it work out? I think that we could totally set something up like this again....

let me know what you think and we can organize something as the weather get warmer.

Paco
2006-01-25 11:01 AM
in reply to: #160198

User image

Pro
Vancouver, BC
Subject: RE: Open Water Swimming in Port Moody BC
Hi Paco,

The OWS worked out really well last year. DrLeah,and I got together regularly with some of my friends that are not on BT and Laura’s bro rob (robcan on BT). Near the end of the season we started swimming in Kits beach and rumpo joined us. We’ll do it again this summer for sure. We started at the beginning of May last year and it was a bit chilly. Remember that Leah? Maybe this year we can start in the middle of May.

Jen
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Open Water Swimming in Port Moody BC Rss Feed