General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ironman 9 weeks apart training ideas Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-10 7:28 PM

User image

Elite
HURRICANE, Utah
Subject: Ironman 9 weeks apart training ideas
I did Ironman Louisville August 30th and am doing Beach to Battleship on November 7th....any ideas of what to do training wise?  I wouldnt think that I should take the last 8 weeks of my normal ironman training and start from there.  I think it about just keep the endurance levels steady but what distances should be my long bikes and runs?  Any ideas greatly appreciated.

2009-09-10 7:50 PM
in reply to: #2399886

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Ironman 9 weeks apart training ideas

Last year with 8 weeks between IM races I started my plan 8 weeks out from the new race day.  Some days I was not mentally ready to ride a 100 miles and would go 80 instead.  I think I did about 2 century rides between the 2 races.  My long runs were only at 15 miles.  I'm planning on following the same plan again this year.  9 weeks between Louisville and B2B.  Listen to your body. 

I would also appreciate any suggestions.

2009-09-29 3:09 PM
in reply to: #2399905

User image

Regular
Huntersville
Subject: RE: Ironman 9 weeks apart training ideas
I completed IM WI a little over 2 weeks ago and am also planning on doing B2B...only a 7 week gap. I just did recovery stuff for 2 weeks and am now ramping up my training again for 2-2.5 weeks and then re-tapering. I was asking people last weekend that have done back-to-back IMs, and I got a wide variety of responses. One guy said he focused mainly on intensity and said his longest run was 9 miles and his longest bike in between was 80 miles (his coach developed a plan for him). I'm adapting the last several weeks of my previous plan. I would appreciate any suggestions as well.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ironman 9 weeks apart training ideas Rss Feed