General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Ironman Wisconsin Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-09-15 7:09 AM

Subject: Ironman Wisconsin
Hi friends,
I just returned home to California from Ironman Wisconsin.  Now, I have completed one Sprint, one Olympic, one Half Iron and one Full Ironman event. At age 49 I plan on doing nothing but half and full Ironman distances until I blow out physically, hopefully at a very old age. I wanted to break 14 at Wisconsin and I did with a 13:47:14. I am so HOOKED on triathlon! The sport! The people! The energy and the support from those who have gone before me are amazing. Special thanks to "Randy" and "Darren" and "Frank" for all of your hints and tips before the race. We old guys have to stick together!

I suppose the biggest thanks would have to go to the people of Wisconsin and the city of Madison. If any of you are looking to do your first Ironman event, I HIGHLY recommend Ironman Wisconsin. These crowds we nothing short of AMAZING and I fed off their energy all day long. Great people and participants who I hope I can re-connect with on here. The volunteers were ALL over the top friendly and helpful and God bless all of you!!!

A SPECIAL THANKS TO THE GUY IN THE PARKING STRUCTURE WHO TOLD ME ABOUT THE SPECIAL NEEDS BAG. You were with your son and you told me about this website too. I'm really sorry I forgot your name. Hopefully some of the great folks I met in Wisconsin will read this and get back with me. I was so focused on getting through the event I didn't even think to exchange contact information.

Now, I'm going to take a couple of days off, get a little rest and find me a good tattoo parlor where I can get a big M-Dot Ironman tattoo on my left calf!

Thanks everyone,
Mike Callahan [email protected]

2009-09-15 7:10 AM
in reply to: #2406663

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Ironman Wisconsin
Welcome Mike, congrats on your IMWI finish, you beat my cousin by exactly one hour,  good luck on your adventures.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Ironman Wisconsin Rss Feed