United States
55F / 13C
Precipitation
Total Time = 34m 29s
Overall Rank = 204/239
Age Group = M2029
Age Group Rank = 21/22
Pre-race routine:

Woke up and jumped on the trainer for a quick 25min warm up. Strecthed, had an orange and banana and we were on our way.
Event warmup:

Parked a little bit away from the check in. So ran to the check in from the car... 5 min lite jog.
Run
  • 34m 29s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 11m 07s  min/mile
Comments:

Pushed a little to hard early on but ran for 6 min then walked a minute to get the heart rate down. 1st mile was slow around 12 min. Picked it up for the 2nd mile and finished that around 11 maybe a little more. Shortly after the mile 2 marker and there was a good downhill. Well I used my momentum genrating body to hurl myself down the hil. Good, big, long strides and was feeling good coming into the final .5 mile. hit the mile 3 marker and took off for the finish line. Didn't have as much in the tank as in my 1st 5k, and was happy that I used a lot of my energy on the course.

BEST OF ALL I DIDN'T FINISH LAST IN MY AG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What would you do differently?:

Continue training. I really could tell the difference when I was running in a fluid form and was not concentrating on form and just pounding the pavement.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around grabbed a water, juice, and sandwich. Little stretch (foam roller when I got home. Lots of fruits made it into me, as well as a few carbs.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Just the overall lack of training...as in only been running since labor day. However I set a new PR and continue to feel more confident.

Event comments:

Give it a 4 for a first time race but the times were all messed up from the timing company. Not much swag only a TShirt but a fun race and the timing is already moving to chips for next year.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2009-09-10 12:00 AM
Running
00:34:29 | 03.1 miles | 11m 07s  min/mile
Age Group: 21/22
Overall: 204/239
Performance: Good
Course: Rolling hils, can't even tell you where we turned at all. Nice run with good uphills (not killers), downhills, and flats. Fun course to run
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes