Canada
3C / 37F
Overcast
Total Time = 2h 15m 25s
Overall Rank = 468/700
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up early, ate some toast w/ PB & honey....got a coffee and drove to site.
Event warmup:

Loosen up and jogged a few blocks to race site. Had a tough time deciding what to wear. Was a chilly morning, but knew I'd warm up.
Run
  • 2h 15m 25s
  • 21.1 kms
  • 06m 25s  min/km
Comments:

Had a big hill about a 2 miles in. Took it easy on the way up, as I didn't want to kill my legs so early. Tried to walk for a minute every 15-20 minutes. I just wanted to finish. I would have been disappointed had I ran over 2:30, and I really had a goal of 2:20. When we hit the big hill with 2 miles left, I pretty muched walked up it like every else around my time. I got to the top and did some quick math. I knew I would easily be able to hit my goal of 2:20...But for a brief moment thought I could hit under 2:15. Just missed it, but I'm good with that.
What would you do differently?:

Not much. As it was my 1st 1/2 marathon, I just wanted to ensure finished. I felt really good when I finished. I ran the last 2 miles strong. I could have pushed harder a little earlier to get under 2:15. BUt I'm really good finishing it where I did.
Post race
Warm down:

Get in car and drive home. Went to pasrent&tot skating with my 4 year old. My Quads were burning. Made it through though. Legs were tight the ext AM for sure.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

A year ago, I started to run. 5k was a struggle. I was NEVER a runner. I couldn't run 1k properly. Now oI look at a marathon and think "hmm next year?"
I've learned to pace myself throughout this year with tri's and a few running events. I look forward to next year hitting a few 70.3 and going further with this.

Event comments:

Nice scenic race. Will do next year to see my improvemement over the next 12 months.

Last updated: 2009-06-23 12:00 AM
Running
02:15:25 | 21.1 kms | 06m 25s  min/km
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/700
Performance: Good
Course: 1 big loop. Started on city streets, into fish creek park, then back onto road to finish.
Keeping cool Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes