General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Transitions...the little things add up Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-03-29 12:36 PM

Lynchburg, Virginia
Subject: Transitions...the little things add up
Hey everyone,

Neccesity is the mother of invention! Transitions can be a very important component of any triathlon.

What little thing in your transitions have helped you save time?

One suggestion was to use baskets instead of clip in pedals for sprint races. That way you are only changing shoes once.

A number belt would be helpful.

Pedals already clipped into the shoes.

Stretch (elastic) laces.

Ok, your turn. Let us know your transition secrets.

Happy training,

Crash

2004-03-29 4:22 PM
in reply to: #15169

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: Transitions...the little things add up
if i dont mentally imagine myself going through each step days before...well...precious minutes get lost.
2004-03-29 5:39 PM

There is a thread similar to this one on the forum -- in archive I suppose -- and there were quite a few good tips there.
2004-03-29 6:41 PM

Lynchburg, Virginia
Does anyone know where the archived thread on transitions is located?
2004-03-29 9:37 PM

, Alabama

You can do a search for transition info.  There were quite a few posts involving transitions.  Some other tips I can think of is having bike shoes with 2 velcro straps (a little easier than 3) already clipped into the pedals and don/doff the shoes while riding.  This takes a lot of practice, but gets easy once you are used to it.  I think the most important thing to speed up your transition is to practice it before race day.  Swim-bike as well as bike-run bricks can help.  There's nothing like experience to make things easier.

Sharon

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Transitions...the little things add up Rss Feed