United States
Crow Athletics
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 03m 33s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at dawn at the campsite. Stared at the water for a while.
Event warmup:

Biked 12 mi to start as part of my Independence Day brick.
Run
  • 00m
  • 61.09 miles
  •  min/mile
Comments:

Ran a really solid 9:30 pace for the first 5 miles, not even letting the first woman flying by me at mile 2.4 get me down. Gorgeous scene at the Seawall around mile 3.5 that was so beautiful I forgot I was running. I just wanted to stop and gawk, but took my sip of water that Jonah brought, showed my doll to the camera (Ray was taking action shots) and kept running. When the Bronx runner said hello to me from behind on a tree-lined street, I turned to say hello to her (she seemed so nice at our start in front of Dry Dock Inn) and then felt the pinch in my knee... searing pain for the next 1 and a quarter miles. Uphill felt GREAT, but downhill hurt like a mofo. Still sprinted to the end but was disappointed about walking a bit. Found walking after my handoff to be quite painful. Iced for the next 30 minutes and it felt better, but still feels strange two days later.
Post race
Warm down:

Hopped in the car to deliver water to the next relay runner, then drive Jonah to his starting point.

Event comments:

Great effort. 80% of the race felt great. Really enjoyed the frenzy of the relay and seeing the whole island in the process. I'd consider doing this one next year, if only for an excuse to camp out in Bar Harbor again! But really, SUCH a good event. Crow Athletics started a really good thing that attracts a manageable sized group of really nice folks.

Last updated: 2009-06-22 12:00 AM
Running
00:00:00 | 61.09 miles |  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 4