DRC Sports
71F / 22C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 43m 3s
Overall Rank = 217/243
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Nothing out of the ordinary. I had everything packed up the night before along with dad's bike. I set the alarm for 4:50am and was already half concious when it went off...pre-race jitters?? At about 6 I picked up dad and we headed off for the tri. On the way I decided to eat a peanut butter and banana sandwich. I dont normally eat prior to races, but I thought I might try it. I think I am glad I did.
Event warmup:

No warmup...it was a cold morning. I didn't do but a minute of strwtching pre-race.
Swim
  • 10m 20s
  • 440 yards
  • 02m 21s / 100 yards
Comments:

I haven';t been in the water to practice in a few months. I can tell my time has slowed up a bit. I needed to practice a bit before heading out there next time.
What would you do differently?:

Get more practice.
Transition 1
  • 02m 27s
Comments:

It wasn't a long run with the bike. It was fairly quick getting out of transition once I have my items in hand. I did forget to unbuckle the shoes before the race so I had to spend a few seconds doing that. Oops.

Don't try to put the cycleing gloves on for short rides. I tried for a few seconds before tossing them off to the side.
Bike
  • 42m 50s
  • 12 miles
  • 16.81 mile/hr
Comments:

All was good with the bike course with the exception of the sand put in the corners to alert us of the turn. On the skinny tires I was nervous to hit the sand and fall. I did hand off a water bottle to a guy who didn't have any. He was so greatful and was waiting at the finish to give me a hug....very nice of him.

Toes were frozen...possibly dry the toes before taking off. It got very cold on the course with the wet sicks. I need to figure out why my speed on the bike was slower then expected. It might have to do with the cooler temps.
Transition 2
  • 01m 35s
Comments:

I came into transition and am still struggling with the running in cleats. I made it into transition but when I put the sneakers on, the toungs got turned in. I had to take the shoes off any try again. No biggie.

nothing much
Run
  • 45m 51s
  • 3 miles
  • 15m 17s  min/mile
Comments:

The run was a bit rough. This is my down side of all 3 events. I started out running but then walked about 200m and then started running again. The more I ran the more my right calf and ankle muscles knotted up. I thin the path tilted right and I was compensating for it. I passed dad as he was on the return route and I was about 1/2 mile into it. At the end of the race I started to feel better with the calf and ran the rest of the way in. I wish it would have loosened up earlier.

Practice, practice, practice.....keep at it!!!!
Post race
Warm down:

Didn't do much but walk around and pack things up.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I was cold and I needed to stretch out the muscles more. I wonder if I stopped on the run portion to stretch if I would have fixed the tight muscle issue.

Event comments:

I'll do it again...

Last updated: 2009-04-03 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:10:20 | 440 yards | 02m 21s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 132/243
Performance:
Suit:
Course: This was a short course in the coldest water I have been. Officials said the water temp was 77 but it didn't feel like it. I was a bit chilled in the water. It wasn't too bad once I took off.
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 77F / 25C Current: Low
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Below average
Breathing: Average Drafting: Good
Waves: Navigation: Average
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 02:27
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
00:42:50 | 12 miles | 16.81 mile/hr
Overall: 167/243
Wind: None
Course: The course was a little hilly, but not bad. It started on the bike path and then took off to some rural roads. It was nice to see the people on the sides of the road dupporting it. The sand in the corners was a bit unnerving.
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Below average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Average Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 01:35
Overall: Below average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Average
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Below average
Running
00:45:51 | 03 miles | 15m 17s  min/mile
Overall: 239/243
Course: It was a straight shot on the bike path. It went out for 1.5 miles and back. The water was located at mile 2 and 3. It felt like the path was tilted to the right
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes