General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Recovery week feelin crappy Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-05-30 10:47 AM

User image

Regular
St. John's Newfoundland
Subject: Recovery week feelin crappy
Is it just me?

I just finished a block of 3 weeks of 7 to 8 hours a week, with some pretty intense workouts. So this is supposed to be my "Recovery Week" reduced volume, reduced intensity, so why does it feel harder than if I were training all out?

Is it mental, or physical, or both? I kinda know the answer, but would like to hear from some others.

Jim

2005-05-30 5:27 PM
in reply to: #165477

New user
Subject: RE: Recovery week feelin crappy
when you slow down your body slows down. When your body slows down it's harder to get it going again.
2005-05-30 7:12 PM
in reply to: #165477

User image

Expert
Montreal
Subject: RE: Recovery week feelin crappy
You are still working out in recovery? Do you take recovery days as a normal part of your workout routine?

Off hand if you are feeling more sluggish that normal and this is your recovery period - then stop working out and start recovering. Give your body a few days to repair itself. I have constantly had problems with the concept of recovery days but the last year of sticking to them and listening to when my body says "Enough!" have proven their usefulness in attaining every physical goal I have set for myself so far. If your body is saying enough - listen to it and take a few real rest days where you do nothing. You will be surprised at how strong you will come back.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Recovery week feelin crappy Rss Feed