United States
DRC Sports
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 25m 3s
Overall Rank = 134/243
Age Group = F25-29
Age Group Rank = 6/9
Pre-race routine:

Jumped in the car at 5:30 and made the hour ride over to the race. Once I picked up my packet, decided to have my cliff bar for breakfast while walking to set up transition. Entertained family prior to the start.
Event warmup:

No warm up. The temp was super cold for me. Little did I know that the water was warmer. I should have gone for a swim.
Swim
  • 09m 27s
  • 492 yards
  • 01m 55s / 100 yards
Comments:

This swim felt foreign to me. I had not swam in over 2 weeks and I could feel it. Overall the water was really dark, almost like pepsi, but not dirty. I think the cooler water and the fact that I hadnt swam in a bit really through me off guard. Nothing felt wrong but nothing felt right. I did have a better time this go round drafting off someone for about 30 seconds or so. It is not much but then again it is more than I ever have before.

This swim was also very rough people wise. I could never break free from the pack. I could tell this was a much more advanced swimming group than I had competed with before. I was never surronded by a ton of people but I was always kicking/hitting or getting kicked/hit.
What would you do differently?:

Swim. I needed to have trained right the previous two weeks.
Transition 1
  • 01m 3s
Comments:

T1 felt really good to me and my time showed. The only thing I can say is that after putting the bike shoes on, I just felt wet. My socks and shoes were soaked for the entire bike. Good thing I don't blister easily. Not sure how to prevent that really other than drying off and I am not wasting time to do that.

Figure out this whole wet shoe thing. once I transition to my tri shoes and no socks I am hoping it wont be a problem
Bike
  • 39m 57s
  • 12 miles
  • 18.02 mile/hr
Comments:

I pushed myself extremely hard for the first half of this course. I had to constantly remind myself to back off in the second half or I knew I would bonk on the run. Again I could tell this was a much more competitive crowd, as I didn't pass too many people and some passed me (but not too many). However, there were always people around. This was a very tri knowledgeable community. Not too many "on your left's" but many respectful competitors. Only had issues with 2 people who took over the middle of the road or unnecessarily crossed the yellow line.

just keep my rear in the seat for more practice. pace is increasing with each race
Transition 2
  • 00m 47s
Comments:

For the first time I was able to slide my feet into my shoes without bending over. Coming out of T2 my shoes felt very loose but I adjusted quickly to the feeling. Ran out of T2 with my belt and hat. Smooth transition for me.

DO it again? Everything went well this time
Run
  • 33m 49s
  • 3 miles
  • 11m 16s  min/mile
Comments:

I felt majorly slow on this run. No matter what I did, I just felt slow, slow, slow. Out of the five women in my age group that finished in front of me, I watched 4 of them pass me. Fairly disappointing to know that I was doing so well until the run. (They finished the run in 26:52, 27:32, 27:22 and 31:17 as compared to my 33:49) It just reaffirms that I need to work on my running. Looking back at my last tri, I realized I was only 5 seconds slower on the run which is awesome compared to how much harder I pushed myself on the bike.

work on the running.
Post race
Warm down:

Family was standing right at the end of the finishers chute so my cool down was non exhistant. I tried to stretch a little while standing there but probably should have taken a few minutes to walk around.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Running. Ug every time it is the running.

Event comments:

Overall, I loved this race and will return next year. It was a great way to combine family and racing and they really enjoyed the spectator friendly atmosphere and activities of the Cooter Festival.

Last updated: 2009-09-20 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:09:27 | 492 yards | 01m 55s / 100yards
Age Group: 4/9
Overall: 92/243
Performance: Average
Suit: 2 piece tri suit
Course: Inverted triangle
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 77F / 25C Current: Medium
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Below average Drafting: Average
Waves: Average Navigation: Good
Rounding: Average
T1
Time: 01:03
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Average Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:39:57 | 12 miles | 18.02 mile/hr
Age Group: 4/9
Overall: 121/243
Performance: Good
Wind: Some
Course: Part paved trail part country paved roads. One loop (lollipop looking course)
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:47
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Average
Racking bike Average
Shoe and helmet removal Average