General Discussion Race Reports! » LongHorn Ironman 70.3 Triathlon Festival Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

LongHorn Ironman 70.3 Triathlon Festival - Triathlon1/2 Ironman

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Austin, Texas
United States
EndorFUN SPORTS
Total Time = 5h 49m 30s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 30/93
Pre-race routine:

Hmmmm...... well we finally get to the race site and I see Chris grab his wetsuit and he looks at me and I must have the oh fu#k look on my face cuz he says..." you dont have your wetsuit do you"...ugh nope. So he drives me back to my hotel and I grab it.
We fianlly get back to the race site- we are actually at the finish line and and had to get bused to the start line. I am starting to get a little upset... yeah you know me:)
We finally get to T1...our bikes are already there.... we get body marked and they announce that they are closing transition....so get the hellout. Shit- I throw my stuff down, put my bottles on my bike and go... .I really wanted to get to WU in the water. No luck they kicked everyone out of the water too. Damn.
So we sit there and I realize I never even checked my tires... oh well.
Event warmup:

I had enough stress.... no WU needed :)
Swim
  • 40m 32s
  • 2112 yards
  • 01m 55s / 100 yards
Comments:

blah.... someday I will swim straight and then I will be fast. MF.... what is my problem!! Other then not swimming straight and hitting some weeds close to shore this was uneventful.
seriously straightness would take a few minutes off my time.
What would you do differently?:

obvious :)
Transition 1
  • 03m 53s
Comments:

wetsuit strippers were great. this was along uphillish run to T1. I get there grab my bike and my aerobottle flys off. Ok I didnt mention that I put a new seat on, one that I hadnt ridden on:), right before the race and my behind the seat bottle holder didnt go on...so I used my aerobottle which I never use..... anyway I try to get it back on but I just cant do it...so I say screw it and throw it in my bag with my wetsuit (we had to pack our stuff up into a bag) and pray there are a lot of aid staions on the bike course. I had one bottle of accelerade (which I never use) an accel gel and a clif bar- so if I can get water all will be good!!
Ok after what seemed like a long ass time I get to ride.

oh many many things:)
Bike
  • 2h 43m
  • 56 miles
  • 20.61 mile/hr
Comments:

So I headout knowing I have a lot of swimmers to pass..... and I will :) I about 2 miles in and there are volunteers yelling at us to slow down there is a sharp turn ahead.... I hear "blah, blah".... yeesh I know how to ride. Ummmm... yeah, Ihave to hit the brakes hard... my bike fishtails a lot so I let go of thebrakes, I am still heading to the woods so I hit them again... into the ditch, into the grass...lol. I get many cheers "yeah good save!!" lol. Well we are on a big ass hill (there area lot of hills on this course...not IMWI hills but hills) and I could not start pedaling. shit. So I get OFF my bike, lift my wheel and pedal and shif tinto an easier gear... ugh. pathetic. So now I have A LOT more people to pass.... but I felt good. Game on:)
There were 4 aid stations...lucky me. So my nutrition was smack on. although I had to ditch my cool Texas water bottle. I felt good so just keep turning... i was pretty much low-mid Z4 the whole ride. Not one girl plassed me and I passed a lot a lot of people. YEAH ME. I havent had a good race all year (I have been anemic and it is obviously HARD to get over).
So I finally get back to transition and I get to the dismount line and I unclip- and I sort of stick my foot out to the side and this dude comes flying into my foot with his bike and totally wipes out....oh, shit. ooops. So I sort of rreaka nd ask if hes OK...we are all at the dismount so everyone is watching. He says " I think so" I say sorry and take off.... before he could get my # and kick my ass.

Oh and this was my best HIM bike split!

be much smarter!!
Transition 2
  • 03m 57s
Comments:

OK- well my dismount probaly slowed things down a bit. I had to get my bag open and dump my stuff out.... 4 minutes still seems long... oh well.
I REALLY had to pee and was going to just pee in my transition area but I was kind of on the end so I didnt.

ummm.... I dunno not cause bike accidents:)
Run
  • 2h 17m
  • 13.1 miles
  • 10m 28s  min/mile
Comments:

This is where my half way decent race goes bad..... I have had breathing issues on a lot of my runs this summer.... pretty sure it was related to the anemia... who knows but I had it again. I thinkthe heat my also cause it. whatever so I ran the first couple miles and I just knew it wasnt happening. I see Chris and he isnt feeling that great. COOL now I have someone to run/walk with! I think he hammered to hard on the bike cuz he didnt want me to pass him:)
SO I run as much as I can until I am ready to pas out from my hyperventalating... the walk. I tried to make him run as much as I wanted to.
It was hilly.... ugh...either up or down the whole time. It was warm too!!
The run course was the BEST aided course ever. They had everything you could want. They had ice pops..... mmmmm that was fantastic!!!
We finished in a rodeo arena... it was pretty cool:)
My run sucked... again... oh well. I probaly shouldnt have run a marathon 2 weeks earlier either... my bad.
Post race
Warm down:

got lots of swag, got lots of food and beer:)

What limited your ability to perform faster:

who even knows what my problem is anymore?!

Event comments:

I REALLY iked this race.. they did a most excellent job. I was impressed!

Last updated: 2009-09-06 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:40:32 | 2112 yards | 01m 55s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/93
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 03:53
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
02:43:00 | 56 miles | 20.61 mile/hr
Performance:
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 03:57
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
02:17:00 | 13.1 miles | 10m 28s  min/mile
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2009-10-31 8:14 PM

User image

Master
West Bend, WI
Subject: LongHorn Ironman 70.3 Triathlon Festival

2009-10-31 10:28 PM
in reply to: #2491348

Iron Donkey
, Wisconsin
Subject: RE: LongHorn Ironman 70.3 Triathlon Festival

Sounds like a comedy of errors that transpired - I hope you at least chuckled afterwards - I know I would have it that all happened to me.

2009-11-01 5:17 PM
in reply to: #2491348

User image

Master
Waukesha, WI
Subject: RE: LongHorn Ironman 70.3 Triathlon Festival
Congrats on another fun filled race.  Holy smokin' bike Batgirl!!!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » LongHorn Ironman 70.3 Triathlon Festival Rss Feed