United States
Total Time = 58m 57s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 20-29
Age Group Rank = 202/217
Pre-race routine:

Ate breakfast...went to the train...
Event warmup:

Ran from the train station...warm up & running a bit late...
Post race
Warm down:

I was GOING TO train...but I lost motivation. So here comes race day and I literally have not worked out in about 2 weeks. OMG, I'm gonna die. But I paid for it...gonna do it...

I start up the tower...and by floor 2 I'm tired...OH CRAP!! Every 10 floors they have a medic-type person. At floor 10, I was so out of breath the medic-type person made me stop and take a breath. Slow-and-steady...I keep going with occasional breaks. I finally get to the point where I'm going slow enough that I don't lose my breath, but my legs are hurting. I slow down even more and am basically putting both feet on each step - but I'm still going up...and up...and up....

Looked out at the view - wow...it had been a while since I had been up in the Sears Tower - - and they have the new thing called "the Ledge" which are little glass boxes that allow you to step OUT and look down...A little scary but way cool. But the a/c was on...high... (IT's FRIGGIN NOVEMBER IN CHICAGO!!) and I got so cold I was just shivering and couldn't enjoy the view anymore.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

No training...

Last updated: 2009-10-15 12:00 AM
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?