General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Morning & Evening Workouts Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-04-01 12:16 AM

User image

Subject: Morning & Evening Workouts
I was thinking to myself today, that i might start running on a treadmill and doing some weight training in the morning and doing my usual swim after work. Does anyone else do this? or am I over extending myself?

April 1st will be my first day trying this new thing out. I will let you all know what happens later on at night...considering that it is about 12:15 right now according to my trusty computer.

2004-04-01 12:17 AM
in reply to: #15809

User image

Master
Chicago
Subject: RE: Morning & Evening Workouts

Rich,

Check my logs. I work out twice a day two times a week so I can get weightlifting in. But I swim after EVERY workout no matter what I do. I don't think it's too much as long as you don't do it everyday! Good luck today/tomorrow April 1!

2004-04-01 12:25 AM

User image

I took a look at your log...really good man..good job on the running, i think i would feel weird running outside just yet. want to get my stamina up first. gonna try it tomorrow..lets see what happens..
2004-04-01 12:36 AM

User image

Got Wahoo?
San Antonio
Hi, Richblast

I do 2 workouts a day 4 times a week, usually 1500 meters in the morning and bike/run/k-box/weights in the evenings, with at least 1, preferably 2 bricks. While most of the time I'm fine, occasionally my body tells me I'm overdoing it: no energy, a kind of fatigue or dizzy, almost blank state of mind. You will know it if it happens! I stop immediately and take a slow day the next day no matter what I had planned. I can't imagine getting sick or injured just before an event! Do it, as most of the tri people I have spoken to do several days with more than 1 workout in a week (it is an endurance sport and we have to get our endurance up, after all) but listen to your body. I think there is a fine line between pushing yourself and overdoing it.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Morning & Evening Workouts Rss Feed