Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Honda Element Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2010-02-04 8:48 PM
in reply to: #2653733

Master
portland, or
Subject: RE: Honda Element
I love mine. Very utilitarian. The perfect triathlete/dog owner vehicle.

As others have pointed out it's not the quietest vehicle, but when I replaced the tires it improved greatly. The only time I've had issues with blindspots is when I have the rear seats flipped up. The suicide doors are convenient when loading things, but a PIA for back seat passengers. That said, the rear seats are roomy and sit above the front seats which is cool.

I slept in it once with the seats laid out and it was miserable. Removing the rear seats or flipping them up and putting a mattress pad is the way to go. I have the canopy for the rear which gives even more space if camping in it.

Not much towing capacity, but I've never had problems with it lacking for power on the highway, and I ride over mountain passes on a regular basis. Goes well in the snow, but not a lot of clearance so I wouldn't go off-road with it.

Mine's five years old and I've had zero mechanical issues with it.

scott

2010-02-05 3:43 AM
in reply to: #2656113

User image

Extreme Veteran
Jakarta Selatan, Unknown

yaqui - 2010-02-05 3:48 AM Not much towing capacity, but I've never had problems with it lacking for power on the highway, and I ride over mountain passes on a regular basis. Goes well in the snow, but not a lot of clearance so I wouldn't go off-road with it. Mine's five years old and I've had zero mechanical issues with it. scott

Options would be CR-V or the 09's forrester which quite a bargain

2010-02-05 8:22 AM

User image

Master
Ann Arbor, MI
How does it handle in the snow?

We have a 98 Subaru Forrester, and eventually, the car will die. It will be a very sad day- this car has moved us across the country twice, camped all across CA and CO, taken us to some amazing races, and very importantly, navigated us through some crazy snow storms on numerous ski trips. I LOVE my Forrester.

BUT, we have to take the wheels off and lower our seats to get the two bikes in the car. Height and cleaning are the two reasons why I want an Element over another Forrester- but only if it can handle the snow.
2010-02-05 11:08 AM

Here's a good website to view when looking to purchase a vehicle: http://www.carcomplaints.com/
Can help with common issues that vehicles have.  I had an Aztek which I loved, but had multiple issues and finally died at 178,000 miles.  I would have gotten an Element but was out of my price range, so went with a Chevy HHR.  Small, but has enough room to transport what I need.
Good luck with the Element.
2010-02-06 1:34 AM

User image

Master
"Home of Superman"

WOW thanks for all the information.  You have been very helpful.  When it comes time for me to get another vehicle I'd say it will be an element. 

2010-02-06 8:23 AM
in reply to: #2656579

User image

Payson, AZ
jazz82482 - 2010-02-05 6:22 AM How does it handle in the snow? We have a 98 Subaru Forrester, and eventually, the car will die. It will be a very sad day- this car has moved us across the country twice, camped all across CA and CO, taken us to some amazing races, and very importantly, navigated us through some crazy snow storms on numerous ski trips. I LOVE my Forrester. BUT, we have to take the wheels off and lower our seats to get the two bikes in the car. Height and cleaning are the two reasons why I want an Element over another Forrester- but only if it can handle the snow.

It does ok in the snow, although I recommend snow tires, not regular mud and snow tires.  Actual traction tires.  It's what I run year round.  Granted I have mountain passes to deal with so you might not have the same kind of issues depending on where you live but IMO well worth it.  Little noisier tire though so a lot of folks change them out when the snow finishes for the year.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Honda Element Rss Feed  

of 2