General Discussion Race Reports! » Redondo Beach Super Bowl Sunday 10K Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Redondo Beach Super Bowl Sunday 10K - Run10k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Redondo Beach, California
United States
Redondo Beach Chamber of Commerce
Sunny
Total Time = 38m 52s
Overall Rank = 74/3843
Age Group = M25-29
Age Group Rank = 10/259
Pre-race routine:

Alarm went off at 5 for a race that didn't start until 8:30. Stayed in bed for a bit before getting into run clothes and having some oatmeal with raisins and honey. Was out the door a little after 6 and was parked about an hour later.
Event warmup:

Random spurts of jogging and quick strides, half to kill time, half to stay warm. Drank water throughout the morning. Peed once into a gatorade bottle and once on a tree. Also had two Gu Chomps.
Run
  • 38m 52s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 06m 16s  min/mile
Comments:

I hit my goal time and had a great run. I was using a runner in front of me as a pacer, trying to keep within a certain distance of him. It wasn't as much of a mental challenge as I thought it would be.
What would you do differently?:

I kind of had some energy left over after the finish. I could have put a race strategy into effect to get the most out of my run.
Post race
Warm down:

Hung out by the food for a bit and then jogged back up part of the course and then started walking and looking for Lauren to cheer her to the finish.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I've never run an official 10k before and am not used to how to pace a short/mid distance race.

Event comments:

Good run, followed by free beer.

Last updated: 2009-12-16 12:00 AM
Running
00:38:52 | 06.21 miles | 06m 16s  min/mile
Age Group: 10/259
Overall: 0/3843
Performance: Good
No splits; forgot my garmin. Booooo. Saw three gun clocks along the way though. Mile one was 6:2X, mile two was 12:4X, mile four (?) was 25:XX
Course: Course was nice. Pretty much all small rolling hills and then one 1/4 climb towards the end of mile five. Crowd support must have been staying home and/or saving their energy for the super bowl.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes