Ambler Area Running Club
38F / 3C
Sunny
Total Time = 9h 00m
Overall Rank = 231/1145
Age Group = 50-54
Age Group Rank = 14/67
Pre-race routine:

I didn't sleep well at all. I finally gave up around 5:30 and got up. Ate a big bowl of Cocoa Puffs, got there early. Discovered that with the wind, one long-sleeved shirt wasn't enough, but fortunately I brought another and was all set.
Event warmup:

I walked to the firehouse and stayed warm for awhile, left my Grove Supply fleece there for storage, then ran around the block twice to warm up. Unfortunately, the race started about ten minutes late, so I kind of got cold again.
Run
  • 38m 50s
  • 5 miles
  • 07m 46s  min/mile
Comments:

It's a fun race. I forgot how steep that last hill is, but even so, I knew it was close to the end, so I could keep going knowing that it'd be over soon.
What would you do differently?:

I'm not sure. I didn't really taper for it, although I did move a bike ride to one day earlier to rest my legs a bit.
Post race
Warm down:

I walked to the firehouse to get my fleece, then walked/jogged back to the elementary school where the food was. I was hungry.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My innate lack of speed? ;-)

Last updated: 2010-02-18 12:00 AM
Running
00:38:50 | 05 miles | 07m 46s  min/mile
Age Group: 14/67
Overall: 231/1145
Performance: Good
Chip time.
Course: Rolling hills. All of them were of the steady incline type except for the one in the last half-mile of the course, which was short but steep enough to get me winded and sweating despite the chilly wind. I took my hat off to cool off, but started feeling light-headed from the immediate loss of heat, so I put it back on. I think I lost some speed during that period.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes