Other Resources Challenge Me! » semi-couch to Sprint Tri Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-03-01 1:32 PM

User image

New user

Subject: semi-couch to Sprint Tri
Well, I let my friend and weight-loss coach talk me into a sprint tri that's only 9 weeks away!! I think I should be able to finish since I wasn't a total couch potatoe, but hadn't been super consistent in my workouts. With this kind of goal I think I will be much more committed to training. Am I crazy for trying this so soon? Thoughts and suggestions would be awesome.

2010-03-01 3:41 PM
in reply to: #2700321

User image

Champion
Sydney
Subject: RE: semi-couch to Sprint Tri
Hi - if you have an average level of fitness now from your training, even having been a little inconsistent in the past, you should be more than capable of finishing the race.

Just work out what you need to do between now and then to be able to complete each of the distances and go from there.

Some great tips to start with are:
- If you have to skip a workout - skip what you are best at (swim bike or run)
- If you can do an extra workout make sure it is in whichever sport you find most challenging
- Get enough sleep
- Eat well
- Be consistent with your workouts
- Most importantly... HAVE FUN!

Best of luck with reaching your goal - feel free to ask lots of questions here on BT and many will be more than happy to answer as you go through your journey! Enjoy!
2010-03-01 6:39 PM
in reply to: #2700321

User image

Champion
Taser-World
Subject: RE: semi-couch to Sprint Tri
jmacht14 - 2010-03-01 2:32 PM

Well, I let my friend and weight-loss coach talk me into a sprint tri that's only 9 weeks away!! I think I should be able to finish since I wasn't a total couch potatoe, but hadn't been super consistent in my workouts. With this kind of goal I think I will be much more committed to training. Am I crazy for trying this so soon? Thoughts and suggestions would be awesome.

I think you'll be fine. And hey, you'll never know unless you try, right?

If you're looking for additional motivation, there are a couple of March challenges that you could join. Take a look at the challenge threads "stickied" at the top of the forum. If any interests you, it's not too late to join in!

New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » semi-couch to Sprint Tri Rss Feed