United States
Outspokin
68F / 20C
Total Time = 1h 04m 49s
Overall Rank = 24/989
Age Group = Clydesdale
Age Group Rank = 1/35
Pre-race routine:

Up at 3am, small omelette for breakfast with some toast, packed up my remaining gear and off to the race site. Got there plenty early and was fortunate to have the first spot on my rack. The day was starting off well.
Event warmup:

Very windy so I waited as long as I could to set up transition. Went for a run and listened to my ipod a bit before coming back and setting things up. Put my wetsuit on up to my waist and walked down to the swim start. Jumped in the water and swam maybe 200 yards total. Felt pretty good and was ready to go.
Swim
  • 10m 38s
  • 880 yards
  • 01m 13s / 100 yards
Comments:

Lots of contact in front around the first bouy. It really aggravates me though when a majority of the contact is due to people overestimating their ability in the water. You know if you're a FOP, MOP or BOP swimmer and you need to toe the line as such.
What would you do differently?:

Maybe push a little harder, but I thought I was pushing the pace pretty good.
Transition 1
  • 03m 2s
Comments:

Not bad, I was really out of breath coming out of the swim and making my way through the lagoon was interesting.

Just try to push harder
Bike
  • 24m 16s
  • 10 miles
  • 24.73 mile/hr
Comments:

Good ride. Always want to be faster but my training has been geared towards HIM not sprints so I'm not terribly disappointed.

Nothing, just continue to get faster.
Transition 2
  • 01m 3s
Comments:

It seems that I'm always trying to fly into transition as fast as possible and numerous people are completely stopped 3 wide taking their time getting off their bikes. I wish that people would just pull over a bit to let people come through that are moving while dismounting. It would help in avoiding the rear-end collisions that I frequently come across approaching the dismount line.
Run
  • 25m 53s
  • 4 miles
  • 06m 28s  min/mile
Comments:

My run went pretty well. I have transformed my run since last year, I knocked off a little over 5 minutes from last years run. This is a fast race so I didn't expect to have a top run time, just a respectable one.

Keep training the run like I have been and continue to get faster.
Post race
Warm down:

A hot dog, chicken sandwich and some coca cola did the trick. Stuck around for my award then came home.

Last updated: 2010-04-10 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:10:38 | 880 yards | 01m 13s / 100yards
Age Group: 2/35
Overall: 18/989
Performance: Good
Suit: Xterra vortex 3 sleeveless
Course: Out 50 yards, left turn and straight for prob 750 yards, final left turn towards shore. Come out of the water, run over the sand and back through a lagoon that was only about waist deep at best. Then run through more sand and find your way up to transition.
Start type: Run Plus: Waves
Water temp: 68F / 20C Current: Low
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Below average
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 03:02
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:24:16 | 10 miles | 24.73 mile/hr
Age Group: 1/35
Overall: 15/989
Performance:
Avg 168
Wind: Strong
Course: L shaped bike course. Cross winds, head winds and tail winds made for a fun ride. People were weaving all over the place and saw one guy get blown off the road. Had 2 miles going out that were all I could do to average 20 into the wind, but averaged 28.5 and 28.8 on the way back.
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 01:03
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:25:53 | 04 miles | 06m 28s  min/mile
Age Group: 2/35
Overall: 110/989
Performance:
Course: Basically an out and back with a large staircase to run up and over an old fort then another staircase to run down. On the way back, you're running almost entirely on sand, some places packed much better than others.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?