General Discussion Race Reports! » Los Locos Duathlon and 1 Mile Kids Run Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Los Locos Duathlon and 1 Mile Kids Run - DuathlonStandard

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Memphis, Tennessee
United States
Start 2 Finish Event Management
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 19m 34s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = Clydesdale
Age Group Rank = 2/6
Pre-race routine:

Woke up around 6 a.m. Took a shower to get the blood floing, Made coffee, had a piece of toast with a teaspoon of peanut butter, bowl of Special K and cup of skim milk. Took vitamins and drank some water. Got dressed, and left to drive to the race site.
Event warmup:

Stretched lightly. Ran a few hundred yards a couple of times. Stretched a little more. Used the facilities. Ready to race.
Run
  • 14m 47s
  • 2 miles
  • 07m 23s  min/mile
Comments:

The first run was a little cool and it was definitely a little crowded since I was in the first wave and everyone was crowded into the start area. I believe the run was measured just a little short. Felt good, almost went out too fast, but I still went out faster than I thought I would. I felt like I could catch my breath and lower my heart rate as soon as I got on the bike.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing.
Transition 1
  • 00m 40s
Comments:

It took a second to get my helmet on. Got a few small rocks in my bike shoes as I changed out of running shoes.

Think about putting bike shoes already clipped in to the bike.
Bike
  • 46m 45s
  • 15 miles
  • 19.25 mile/hr
Comments:

My first sip from my water bottle: I squeezed the bottle and a giant crack opened up and spilled almost the entire contents of the bottle over my right hand, arm and side into my shoe. What's great was that it was watered down gatorade. A little sticky to say the least. I pushed pretty hard on most of the bike ride. Took a hammer gel somewhere after the first turnaround.

Check my water bottles before my race.
Transition 2
  • 00m 44s
Comments:

Felt a little slow, because I was winded and my HR was up. Took a second to get my running shoes on. But overall, I was only 4 seconds slower than the first transition.

Nothing.
Run
  • 16m 40s
  • 2 miles
  • 08m 20s  min/mile
Comments:

HR was really elevated at the end of the bike ride and I felt a little tightnes in the calves and it took a few minutes to catch my breath. I was a little less than 2 minutes slower in the second run. Pretty much the same run, so I think this one was a little short in distance too.

Better fitness.
Post race
Warm down:

I stopped at the first drink station and downed a gatorade. I walked around for a few minutes to catch my breath and cheer on some other people I knew. Talked to a few people, cleared out my transition area.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Fitness, and I have been fighting seasonal allergies/sinuses. I have been on antibiotics and allergy medicine for almost a week.

Event comments:

I placed 2nd in the Clydesdale division. First time I have ever placed in a multisport race. It helped that there were only 6 people in my division. Very pleased overall for the first race of the season.

Last updated: 2010-03-25 12:00 AM
Running
00:14:47 | 02 miles | 07m 23s  min/mile
Age Group: 2/6
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: An out and back with a loop around the mall parking lot. Tree lined road. Rolling hills.
Keeping cool Good Drinking
T1
Time: 00:40
Overall: Good
Run with bike? Good
Jump on bike? Average
Getting up to speed and into shoes:
Biking
00:46:45 | 15 miles | 19.25 mile/hr
Age Group: 4/6
Performance: Good
Wind: None
Course: A couple of good hills, some of the hills were immediately after a turn. Mostly rolling hills and flats.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:44
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Below average
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:16:40 | 02 miles | 08m 20s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/6
Performance: Average
Course: Same as above.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2010-04-11 4:51 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Bartlett, TN
Subject: Los Locos Duathlon and 1 Mile Kids Run

2010-04-11 5:37 PM
in reply to: #2783701

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN
Subject: RE: Los Locos Duathlon and 1 Mile Kids Run

2ND!  AWESOME!  Great job Chris!

2010-04-12 4:49 PM
in reply to: #2783701

Subject: RE: Los Locos Duathlon and 1 Mile Kids Run
Great job!!!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Los Locos Duathlon and 1 Mile Kids Run Rss Feed