General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello (again) from Jim Thorpe, PA Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-06-25 7:56 PM

Subject: Hello (again) from Jim Thorpe, PA
Hi folks, yes it's true. I live in beautiful Jim Thorpe, PA. Fantastic rail trail for biking and running along the Lehigh river. No worries about traffic when biking. A beautiful lake a mile or two up the road for swimming. One thing it lacks: a training partner whose just starting out in triathlon like me. I did my first sprint tri in the Pine Barrens last month. 1/2 mile swim, 24 mile bike and 4 mile run. I actually finished albeit in about 3 1/2 hours. It would have been much easier if I'd had another person or group to train with. My friends, all outdoor types look at me like I have some sort of brain infection when I try to make the case for doing a sprint triathlon. I know there's someone out there lurking right now reading this and saying to him/herself: "man, I'd love to try that". Let me put your mind at ease, dear reader. I'm 47, smoke a pack of cigarettes a day and yes, I have a bit more weight around the waist than i'd like. Therefore, fear not the deep water swim that lurks by day.....or whatever that saying is. If I can do it, you DEFINITELY can do it. And if you act now, a cold beer (or bottle of water) can be yours at no extra charge after each workout. So act now, a workout partner is a terrible thing to waste.

2005-06-25 9:25 PM
in reply to: #183631

User image

Expert
Portland,OR
Subject: RE: Hello (again) from Jim Thorpe, PA
Welcome to the site.  Good job on completing your first tri.  Keep training and I'm sure there will be many more where that came from!!  Do you have any tri groups locally?
2005-06-26 1:42 PM
in reply to: #183669

There's a tri group near Philadelphia which is about 2 hours east of where I live. Nothing closer that I know of. Bummer.
2005-06-26 3:14 PM
in reply to: #183631

User image

Master
Michigan
Welcome there is much here too learn, awesome site.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello (again) from Jim Thorpe, PA Rss Feed