United States
60F / 16C
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 03m 7s
Overall Rank = 549/1206
Age Group = M25-29
Age Group Rank = 54/97
Pre-race routine:

Woke up early even though race didnt start until 830. Misty and I went to pick up Kevin (kelmore619) and we drove over to the start. It was quite foggy when we pulled up. Kevin picked up his packed and we relaxed in the car for 15-20 while the sun started to come out and the fog lifted before our eyes.
Event warmup:

slow jog down to stadium from start and walked back.
Run
  • 2h 03m 7s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 09m 24s  min/mile
Comments:

This was a great run. Both Kevin and I were doing this run for training = slow pace. We decided to run with the mentality that the first couple miles would serve as a warm-up and get up through the major hills without a struggle. We stuck to the plan and slowly went up the hills as people were huffing like crazy. After the last hill, Bingham hill, we met the girls and Kevin's kids were there. We stopped for 30 secs or so to give hugs and kisses and briefly say hi (anything goes in training runs!). Found out my coach Wendy did not end up starting and worried whether she was injured, she was supposed to run today. Shortly after seeing the girls we turned onto the Poudre trail and got ready for sufferfest . . . not! We were running at a great pace and absolutely no suffering going on here. I told Kevin around mile 11 that this was the best I had ever felt this far into a half. We continued on to the finish in fine form at the New Belgium Brewery.
Post race
Warm down:

Met up with the women and kids. Kevin, Maia, and kids went off to find a park for the kids to play at. Misty and I grabbed a hot dog, courtesy of local girls H.S. track team, and beer and sat and watched the band Motorhome entertain the crowd. The thought crossed my mind to get in a few cooldown miles, but the beer tasted . . . . mmmmmmm.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing really, we deliberately took our time. It was so mentally relaxing to be in a race without "racing."

Event comments:

Good overall race. It started about 6 mins late, not a problem for me. There was one aid station after the hills that was swamped and could have used some more volunteers. One or two more aid stations might have helped, but overall no complaints, just comments.

Last updated: 2010-04-11 12:00 AM
Running
02:03:07 | 13.1 miles | 09m 24s  min/mile
Age Group: 54/97
Overall: 549/1206
Performance:
21:51 first 2 miles (119HR) 8:40(133) 9:03(137) 8:27(140) 8:38(136) 9:37(134) 9:18(137) 9:42(132) 8:55(138) 10:16(138)bathroom break 8:53(145) 8:44(149) 1:03(142)
Course: The course has a few big hills to start and a few along the way. overall something like 917ft vertical climbing and 1150 descending.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes