tacoma, Washington
United States
Overcast
Total Time = 25m 45s
Overall Rank = 232/982
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 21/49
Pre-race routine:

This was the first race I have done in 15+ years. After a few years of surgerys and pain I am back on track. My prerace was well a prerace. Me and my wife showed up to run and were just happy to be there.
Event warmup:

walked around and went to the restroom
Run
  • 25m 45s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 17s  min/mile
Comments:

I was unsure what to expect from myself in this race. I ran out hard and knew I was going faster than I should have been. Did not have a watch so I could not time myself but I knew I was out of my zone. I have only been running for a couple months and not to hard at that. After the first up hill and down hill the run was a little flat. I was feeling good but then my shoe came undone and I had to stop. That ended my mojo. The thrill was gone and the nerves could not carry me any more. My legs began to cramp a little and I just tried to finish the race. I motored through the race and was just under 2 min above my goal time. I was happy to finish and was happy to be back running races again after so long off.
What would you do differently?:

Practice
Post race
Warm down:

after I was done I tried to get my chip off my shoes while a girl sat there chewing gum looking at me like what is your problem. Gave her my chip and she looked at me like I was dumb and told me it goes in the bin. Ok sorry you are standing over the bin and have scissors in your hand that could have helped me a little. Thanks. After that I went to the finish are and waited to see my wife running in. she did great. met her goal and finished the race.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

practice and playing a soccer game the day before hurt my knee a little, but practice is more the reason I was not the best I could be.

Last updated: 2010-03-29 12:00 AM
Running
00:25:45 | 03.11 miles | 08m 17s  min/mile
Age Group: 21/49
Overall: 232/982
Performance: Good
Course: Starts up hill goes down hill a bit, then hits you with a giant up hill. Hard course, but fun
Keeping cool Good Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Below average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes