Texas State
60F / 16C
Sunny
Total Time = 52m 5s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Got up at 615a after a good nights sleep. Ate a egg sandwich on english muffin. Out the door by 645. Parked at 715 and walked to event.
Event warmup:

Some light stretching.
Run
  • 52m 5s
  • 6.26 miles
  • 08m 19s  min/mile
Comments:

Great run. Weather was perfect. Even though I lined up in the 8mi pace area, I still spent the first half mile dodging walkers. Was trying to keep an 8:15 pace and heading into the last mile I was at 8:14. There were a lot of little up and down hills that were not a problem, but the last mile was almost all up hill and was a killer. I really slowed down quite a bit. I still finished at an 8:19 pace which is great for me and beat my previous record of an 8:46 pace by a lot! Course ended up being a little longer than a 10k. My actual 10k time was 51:43, which is still the 8:19 pace.
What would you do differently?:

Use a little more body glide on my feet! Haven't run this distance in a while and knew I would get a few blisters and did. Nothing too major though. As far as running...nothing. I am super excited.
Post race
Warm down:

Stretching, water, powerade.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Could not have run this race any faster at my current training level.

Event comments:

Two gripes...not enough recycling bins and the small starting chute. I wish there was a way to get the walkers from lining up at the front of the race!

Overall it was a very good race on a challenging course. It was very well laid out and there were plenty of water stations and volunteers. Police did a great job closing the streets. Tons of post race stuff going on. Would do this race again.

Last updated: 2010-01-18 12:00 AM
Running
00:52:05 | 06.26 miles | 08m 19s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: Roughly a big large square. Very hilly especially the last mile being almost all up hill.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes