Irvine, California
United States
Eco
Total Time = 40m
Overall Rank = ?/?
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/?
Pre-race routine:

Got into my Harry Potter costume with Doug and ate a luna bar as we waited for Ashley and Charlie to show up (our fellow mudbloods).
Drove the hour to Irvine, walked to the almost non existent "expo" and took some pictures right before checking our gear. Everyone loved our Harry Potter costumes!
Event warmup:

One of the race volunteers instructed participants to jump up and down, touch your toes, etc. We also threw some beach balls around.
Run
  • 40m
  • 3.11 miles
  • 12m 52s  min/mile
Comments:

This was just a fun 5k in the mud- did it with my boyfriend Doug and another couple as a team. It was their first 5k so that was awesome! Ashley was really nervous :)
We had a really good time and I don't think anyone really tried to go fast at all. It was super crowded and you kind of had to wait in line to climb over walls or go through the tunnels and mud pits. It was my first mud run so that was pretty cool. Doug got so muddy! Ashley and I did a belly flop in one of the last mud pits- we didn't want to be too girly! We were there to get dirty!
What would you do differently?:

Not bring a white shirt for my change of clean clothes.
The uneven terrain in the fields also started to hurt my knee, and I had finished a 12 mile run with a really decent average pace less than 12 hours prior to this event so my legs were feeling pretty sore. Kind of out of my control though, I had to fit my weekend training around a fun race so it was definitely worth it.
Post race
Warm down:

Thai food, frozen yogurt, nap in the car on the way home, and the best shower ever!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing, we were just there to have fun!

Event comments:

I wish there were more elaborate obstacles and a bigger expo. I think I was biased since I had just gone to Doug's warrior dash with insane obstacles and basically an all day beer fest as the expo. It was my first mud run though so of course it was awesome!

Last updated: 2010-03-10 12:00 AM
Running
00:40:00 | 03.11 miles | 12m 52s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/?
Overall: 0/?
Performance: Below average
Course: Through some fields for 3 miles with tires to jump through, foam blocks to walk through, tunnels to crawl through, walls to jump over, and MUD PITS!!!!
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 2
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Too easy
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2010-04-25 1:01 PM

User image

Veteran
So Cal
Subject: OC Mud Run

2010-04-27 9:43 AM
in reply to: #2815048

User image

Veteran
Orange, CA
Subject: RE: OC Mud Run
Sounds like a fun time...where are those Harry Potter pics ;-)
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » OC Mud Run Rss Feed