General Discussion Race Reports! » Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon Relay Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon Relay - RunOther

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Louisville, Kentucky
United States
60F / 16C
Overcast
Total Time = 3h 50m 11s
Overall Rank = 8/36
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Rained or threatened to rain the all before the race, but only Kenny, our first runner, got wet at all.
Run
  • 1h 02m 19s
  • 7.56 miles
  • 08m 14s  min/mile
Comments:

Fun run, but this being my first relay, I don't know if I'd do it again. The logistics of getting to my starting point to actually begin the run took forever: buses, waiting, searching for a bathroom, etc. I don't like waiting, but talking to other participants and teammates, helped the time go by quickly. Should have put more into the run. At times I didn't feel my best, coupled with the fact that a lot of people were walking at that point in the marathon, and thst if I want to be really honest I wasn't running for an individual time, it wasn't my best performance. I did run the whole time, but I could have and should have done better.
What would you do differently?:

Took a gel (w/ 2.5 mg caffiene) 30 minutes before running, that kind of upset my stomach.

Let another team finish ahead of me because they were all running together hand-in-hand the last couple of hundred yards. My teammates gave me some heat for not running by them and picking up an extra spot.
Post race
Event comments:

Haven't been able for several days to find the official relay times. All individual times are posted.

Nice race and I will run either the full or mini next year.

Last updated: 2010-02-04 12:00 AM
Running
01:02:19 | 07.56 miles | 08m 14s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/36
Performance:
We finished 8th out of 36 coed teams.
Course: Ran the anchor leg for The Crossing Church relay team. My segment was downhill into the City of Louisville with a fairly good "hill" back and forth across the bridge over the Ohio.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 2
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2010-04-27 4:46 AM

User image

Regular
Southern Indiana
Subject: Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon Relay
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon Relay Rss Feed