Sunrise Tri Club
HotF / 0C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 39m 19s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

We had our company party the night before and I didn't get in the bed until ~midnight, so the 5:30 alarm was early for me.

I had a Clif Bar and some water.
Event warmup:

Streches. Jogging. Couple of Laps in the pool
Swim
  • 10m 57s
  • 500 yards
  • 02m 11s / 100 yards
Comments:

My AG was the next to the last, so my warmup didn't do me much good.

What would you do differently?:

I bought the TI DVD and two swimming books. I am going to work at improving my stroke. I swim on my stomach, so this is slowing me down.
Transition 1
  • 02m 36s
Comments:

I wasted some time in T1 with getting feet dried and socks on. I am going to start practicing with a bucket to sit on and try this for the next ri.

I forgot my Bike Computer and didn't realize this until I got to the start line.

Have a list of things that need to be done for race day. Either working at speeding up drying feet off and putting on socks, or learning to ride/run sockless.
Bike
  • 53m 30s
  • 15 miles
  • 16.82 mile/hr
Comments:

Not having my bike computer for cadence and speed was not fun, but I averaged about the same speed as previous races, so I guess that it didn't make a huge difference in my effort

I need to get my aerobars fitted for a slightly more comfortable position, so that I can stay aero for the entire ride.

MAKE SURE THAT I HAVE MY BIKE COMPUTER.
Transition 2
  • 00m 35s
Comments:

I have got this part down. Rack the bike. Helmet off. Shoes on. A swig of fluids. Then I am off

nothing
Run
  • 32m 16s
  • 3 miles
  • 10m 46s  min/mile
Comments:

I sucked at the run. I need to BRICK more often. Not necessarily for the physical ascpect, but the mental game. My mental game was not there on the run. I definitely could have ran faster, but for some reason, I didn't.

I got passed by my new friend Kathy (Lynda) with about 3/4 miles before the finish. She gave me a little encouragement and then off she went.

There was a guy that had been behind the entire run. He caught me with about a 200 yards to go. He started sprinting to the finish, so I started as well. We were elbow to elbow the entire sprint, but the people at the finish said he beat me by half a stride.

BRICK. Train my mind.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around. Water.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Lack of training the past 3 weeks.

Lack of sleep.

Mental toughness on the run.

Event comments:

It was really nice to meet and talk with Kathy (Lynda) and meet some of her family. She was really encouraging and great person to talk to. Great race Kathy!

I am looking forward to RiverCities and meeting with her and all of the BTers that will be there for dinner on Saturday night.

Last updated: 2005-06-29 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:10:57 | 500 yards | 02m 11s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Suit:
Course: Pool Swim
Start type: Inside Pool Plus: Waves
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Average
Breathing: Average Drafting: Below average
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 02:36
Performance: Below average
Cap removal: Average Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:53:30 | 15 miles | 16.82 mile/hr
Performance: Average
Wind: Little
Course: Out and back. Basically flat with a hill at the turnaround.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Below average Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:35
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Average
Racking bike Average
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:32:16 | 03 miles | 10m 46s  min/mile
Performance: Bad
Course: Went through a new neighboorhood. I liked this run better than the old courses. There was a family with a water hose at about 3/4 mile into the race. If you wanted, they would spray you which was nice. Also had a small dog start chasing me. I turned around and told him "back" and he left me alone.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Below average
Mental exertion [1-5] 2
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? No
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2005-06-29 11:38 AM

Master
Shreveport, LA
Subject: Sunrise #3

2005-06-29 4:59 PM
in reply to: #186326

User image

Master
Gulf Shores, AL
Subject: RE: Sunrise #3
Good race, but ya gotta get to bed earlier!!! Hope to see you at river cities.

Ken
2005-06-30 10:43 AM

Elite Veteran
Great job! I liked the run course a lot better as well, but we still had the curve at the end that never seems to end! Hate that.

It was fun to finally meet you. Are you going to be meeting at Cypress Lake to swim/bike on Saturday mornings? I think a group is going to start meeting there at 7 or 7:30.
2005-06-30 10:51 AM
in reply to: #187089

Master
Shreveport, LA
lynda - 2005-06-30 10:43 AM

Great job! I liked the run course a lot better as well, but we still had the curve at the end that never seems to end! Hate that.

It was fun to finally meet you. Are you going to be meeting at Cypress Lake to swim/bike on Saturday mornings? I think a group is going to start meeting there at 7 or 7:30.

I would like to do that. Is this the Sunrise Tri Club?
2005-06-30 1:48 PM

Elite Veteran
Yeah, Matt McVicar mentioned it at the awards ceremony on Sunday. I talked to Greg Bell today and he said they usually meet and then do two laps of the bike course and then run and swim.

The bike killed my run last year so I'll probably do the two loops on Saturday. Anyway, my nephew and I will most likely be there on Saturday morning.
2005-06-30 1:59 PM
in reply to: #187330

Master
Shreveport, LA
lynda - 2005-06-30 1:48 PM

Yeah, Matt McVicar mentioned it at the awards ceremony on Sunday. I talked to Greg Bell today and he said they usually meet and then do two laps of the bike course and then run and swim.

The bike killed my run last year so I'll probably do the two loops on Saturday. Anyway, my nephew and I will most likely be there on Saturday morning.

I am going to try and be out there around 7:15 or so. I will PM if I am going for sure.

I will be wearing my Team Javelin Suit, so I can do swimming with it on.

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Sunrise #3 Rss Feed