Pig Iron Sports
70F / 21C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 06m 21s
Overall Rank = 42/105
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Decided to do this race at the last minute, since it's only 15 min. from my house. Worked all day. Got home had 15 min. to pack everything. Grabbed a clif bar and a bottle of gatorade for dinner on teh way
Event warmup:

Swam for about 5 min to lossen up
Swim
  • 08m 28s
  • 400 yards
  • 02m 07s / 100 yards
Comments:

Time includes T1. Was out of the water in about 7 min. Laughed to myself as I was running up the beach looking for the stupid wetsuit cord. At the Half IM last weekend I had the same problem. I think I'm going to tie an additional 10 feet of cord on that thing.

Swim time was about the same as 2 weeks ago, overall time was 10 sec. slower, probably cuased I dawdled in transition looking for the wetsuit cord. Sighting wasn't great on the way back in. Seemed like I was zig zagging all the way back. Then I almost slammed into the last bouy. I took a sight and the bouy was about 2 feet in front of me. DOH.
What would you do differently?:

Sight better, find a longer cord for my wetsuit, or employ my kids as wetsuit strippers :)
Transition 1
  • 00m
Bike
  • 33m 32s
  • 12 miles
  • 21.47 mile/hr
Comments:

Just wanted to spin on the bike, not feel like I was pushing at all. Didn't know how my legs would feel on the run after the 1/2 IM last weekend, so I wanted to make sure I saved them. And the time ends up being 16 sec. faster than 2 weeks ago. Go figure. Maybe becuase I was so relaxed on the bike, and having so much fun. I basically kept it in the small ring the entire time, except for one long downhill.

Have more fun next time, it obviously makes me go faster.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Run
  • 24m 21s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 07m 51s  min/mile
Comments:

Time also include T2. Unbelievable how well my legs felt coming off the bike. This was the best they ever felt. Almost like I hadn't been on the bike at all. The legs came around right out of transition. The run rocked. Just cruised along at a comfortable pace the whole way, chatting with people, running with a few. Had a blast. Met up with Kathy G. on the run course. She was cruising right along as well.

Have more fun, if that is possible
Post race
Warm down:

Had some gatorade, chatted with a few friends, met up with Kathy and checked out her ride. (Nice softride BTW).

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nada. Was planning on just doing this race for fun sinc eI live so close and it's so cheap. Didn't kow how I would feel on the bike and the run after last weeks death march. And what do you know, overall time was 42 sec. faster than 2 weeks ago. I guess there is something to be said for relaxing and having fun. I think if anyone had taken a picture of me during the race, there would have been a big smile plastered on it.

Event comments:

Can't wait for the next one in 2 weeks

Last updated: 2005-07-01 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:08:28 | 400 yards | 02m 07s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 44/105
Performance: Good
Suit: Xterra Vortex Full
Course: Triangle shape, Out to the bouy and back
Start type: Wade Plus:
Water temp: 70F / 21C Current: Low
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Good Drafting: Average
Waves: Navigation: Below average
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:33:32 | 12 miles | 21.47 mile/hr
Overall: 41/105
Wind: Some with gusts
Course: Double loop course
Road: Rough Dry Cadence: 90+
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:24:21 | 03.1 miles | 07m 51s  min/mile
Overall: 47/105
Course: Single lopp around lake
Keeping cool Good Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2005-07-01 9:18 AM

User image

Expert
Colchester, CT
Subject: Lake Terramugus Tri. #2

2005-07-01 10:17 AM
in reply to: #187952

Pro
Andover
Subject: RE: Lake Terramugus Tri. #2
Well done, Chris!

Glad to hear the bike/run transition went well for you--all those bricks are paying off!

Have a good weekend. I’m looking forward to hooking up again in 2 weeks (maybe we’ll be able to get a group together next week.)

Rob
2005-07-01 11:18 AM
in reply to: #187952

User image

Champion
MA
Subject: RE: Lake Terramugus Tri. #2
Chris...great job and nice that you were faster when just having fun...that must work well for you. You were so fast...I call you fast guys the 4% guys (everyone who has like 4% body fat) who all just whip by me on the bike and run...and leave wakes behind them in the swim for me to swim through. I kept asking every guy in orange are you Chris...finally found you. You help motivate me not to walk on that uphill. I wish I had arrived earlier...next time we will leave home earlier too. Great job...and hope to see you around at Lake T or maybe Cranberry!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Lake Terramugus Tri. #2 Rss Feed