General Discussion Race Reports! » JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge - Run3.5 Mile

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Chicago, Illinois
United States
JPMorgan Chase & Co. Corporate Challenge
70F / 21C
Sunny
Total Time = 27m 20s
Overall Rank = 3996/15392
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Our company had a tent so we sat around for about an hour before the race. It was a bit cool out still.
Event warmup:

Stretched. Waited and waited and squeezed through crowds at the starting line.
Run
  • 27m 20s
  • 3.5 miles
  • 07m 49s  min/mile
Comments:

Overall I guess it was good but I was hoping for a better time. I got really, really hot around mile 2 and started cramping a bit. I somehow missed the signs for Mile 2 and 3 so I wasn't completely sure of my pace.
Although I saw my wife around mile 3 cheering for me and that helped me pick it up a notch for the last 1/2 mile.
What would you do differently?:

Not basically have my toenail get ripped off...no idea how...realized it later that night when I wondered why my toe was hurting so much. Also, someone stepped on the back of my shoe during the race and ripped my shoe off so I had to stop and put it back on/tie it. Luckily I didn't hit the pavement but stretched out my calf muscle a bit with that incident.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked back to tent (about 1/2 mile). Ate a banana and a turkey sandwich. Met the wife there who came to watch me along the course and chatted with some coworkers before heading home.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Over 15,000 participants many of whom seeded themselves too far forward in the pre-race lineup.

Event comments:

For as many participants as there are and many of whom never do an organized race, it goes off pretty smoothly each year.

Last updated: 2010-05-24 12:00 AM
Running
00:27:20 | 03.5 miles | 07m 49s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/15392
Performance: Below average
Course: Flat along streets through Grant Park (between Lake Michigan and downtown Chicago). Lots of turns.
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2010-05-28 8:32 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago
Subject: JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge

2010-06-01 9:37 PM
in reply to: #2888159

User image

Extreme Veteran
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Subject: RE: JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge
It drives me crazy when people don't seed properly -- and I am at the total back of the pack and shouldn't be passing *anyone*.  So I hear you.  Still, good job getting out there!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge Rss Feed