Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

I had Starbucks, it was right down the street. Yummy
Run
  • 40m
  • 3.2 miles
  • 12m 30s  min/mile
Comments:

This was AWFUL! I was in tears at the end. This is my worst time ever in a 5K. Of course I have not run a 5K in 3 years. I had two babies between then and now and I was on 100% bedrest.. but still. I just am about to beat myself up over this, I can tell.

OK it is now a few hours later and I have had a really wonderful bike workout so I have some perspective. My training partner did not help me in the race. He started out behind me and came up on me at the 1/2 mile mark. He then would run in front of me and slow down, at one point I said "On your left Mark" and he moved over in front of me and elbowed me in the gut knocking my wind out. While this is not the reason I had a bad race it certainly didn't help. I spoke to him after the race about getting in my face like that and just leaving me alone and treating me like I have PMS when I am racing and he gets it now.

I actually ran a 12.5 pace, which for me is phenomanal. I am expecting to run like I did three years ago but three years ago I did not just have two babies in two years and was on bedrest for both. I did not just go through the whole preemie thing and I was 30lbs lighter. So I am going to stop beating myself up. Next week is the Tri Sprint and honestly that one I just want to finish so it's all good.
What would you do differently?:

I just need more speedwork and to get my speed consistant over 5K
Post race

Last updated: 2005-06-26 12:00 AM
Running
00:40:00 | 03.2 miles | 12m 30s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Below average
Avg HR 154 Peak HR 164
Course: Flat and intersting through downtown Ann Arbor
Keeping cool Bad Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2005-07-04 8:14 AM

User image

Master
Ann Arbor, MI
Subject: Tortoise and Hare 5K

2005-07-04 10:20 AM
in reply to: #189646

User image

Master
Gulf Shores, AL
Subject: RE: Tortoise and Hare 5K
hey stop beating yourself up. your back in the game!!!! congrats on getting back out there and I am sure you will improve rapidly.

Ken
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Tortoise and Hare 5K Rss Feed