Bellin
60sF / 0C
Precipitation
Total Time = 1h 09m 20s
Overall Rank = 7914/15057
Age Group = F 19-24
Age Group Rank = 459/823
Event warmup:

Searching for family! Some of my family decided to run this together for a fun run. We didn't all start together (it's difficult to find someone when 18,000+ people are racing). Getting in the corral when it was our wave's turn was disastrous but I think we made it more difficult because the past years I didn't have any issue. Before taking off we saw some family members who weren't participating and they told us my aunt and cousin had left way ahead of us.
Run
  • 1h 09m 20s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 11m 10s  min/mile
Comments:

I was running with my cousins and we decided they would be ok with 10 min miles. We were hitting more like 9:30 miles. Then at mile 3 we saw my aunt running (she was planning to walk but didn't want to leave my little cousin alone...he took off without her anyway). My cousins went ahead and I stayed with my aunt. We did a jog with a bit of walking program. I was/am so proud of her. I told her she could run but she didn't think she could. We raised our arms up together when we crossed the finish line RUNNING :)
What would you do differently?:

It's really hard for me to NOT run MY race. Without a doubt I could have broken an hour and it really bothers me that I didn't but could have. I'm selfish. I'm competitive. I want to do MY best. I look at the overall and age group rankings and cringe because I know I'm better than that. I have to let it go because who else cares about my time and rankings? No one! And why should I beat myself up over this? Today wasn't about me, it was about family.
Post race
Warm down:

Shivering standing around being a little wet from rain/sprinklers waiting for the rest of our family who was walking.

Event comments:

You really cannot beat the support the community provides for this run. There is no place on the course where there isn't a spectator (10+ spectators actually) cheering. I wonder how much growth they are looking for the race. 18,000 is a LOT of people, about enough to draw the line I think.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2010-05-25 12:00 AM
Running
01:09:20 | 06.21 miles | 11m 10s  min/mile
Age Group: 459/823
Overall: 823/15057
Performance: Below average
Course: Flat with a couple nice downhills.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 2
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2010-06-12 5:19 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Green Bay, WI
Subject: Bellin Run

2010-06-13 9:16 PM
in reply to: #2917727

User image

Elite
Cheesehead, WI
Subject: RE: Bellin Run
Great run Megan! So rewarding to share that finish with your aunt. I did my first fox cities walk/run to do it with some friends...since then, I start with them but then do my thing and meet at the end. 
Wow...Bellin is BIG! My husband usually works Sats for tough for me to do anything unless its held on a Sunday...
Hope the tooth gets better! 
2010-06-14 9:23 AM

User image

Good job Megan, i think i saw some of your pictures on face book!! It is so hard to find anyone you know there! I eneded up standing in wave 4 corral on my own then saw 5 or 6 people on the run i knew.
2010-06-17 9:46 AM

User image

Regular
Waukesha, Wisconsin

Nicely done!!!! 

2010-06-17 9:49 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Green Bay, WI
Thank you everyone! Sarah- you have to make it to a Bellin Run. The start is crazy but it is so fun and entertaining...definitely worth it!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Bellin Run Rss Feed