General Discussion Race Reports! » Firecracker Triathlon/Duathlon & Kids mini-tri Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Firecracker Triathlon/Duathlon & Kids mini-tri - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Elma, Washington
United States
68F / 20C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 13m 44s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up and ate some bacon eggs and toast with a cup of coffee. Drank some water, took a bath, helped the wife get the girls (3) ready to go. Today was to be a family event.
Event warmup:

Wife was doing her 1st 5k run so I just started with her and ran 1/2 mile or so for a warm up, then went to get my wetsuit and get in the water. Splashed around for 10 minutes and then swam 10 yards or so.
Swim
  • 05m 11s
  • 273 yards
  • 01m 54s / 100 yards
Comments:

Although the swim was very short, it was brutal for me. I tried to start wide of everyone but I ended up right in the midst of a lot of feet, elbows, and bodies. I really need to learn how to maintain my form/composure in crowds. I need to find someone to swim OWS with me.
What would you do differently?:

Toughen up and get used to having bodies all around. I guess this will come with experience.
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

It's funny how many people just take it really easy during T1. I passed a lot of people here and I didn't do anything special. I just jogged up to my bike, took off my suit, helmet, socks, shoes, sunglasses on and took off.

Nothing really
Bike
  • 44m 20s
  • 13 miles
  • 17.59 mile/hr
Comments:

Coming out of the water mop it was really fun to pass a lot of people on the bike.

Drink more water.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

T2 is really quick for me since I don't have to change shoes.
Run
  • 23m 30s
  • 3 miles
  • 07m 50s  min/mile
Comments:

Took it slow off the bike for the first mile, then picked up the pace from there. I had passed a guy about 1/2 mile out from the finish and when we got about 100 yards from the line I hear him coming up behind me in an all out sprint so I went into an all out sprint as well and beat him to the line. Turns out he was doing the duathlon but still it was nice to not get passed in the last 100 yards.

I was pretty happy with the run. This is just where my fitness level is at this time. Need to train harder if I want to see faster results.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked for a bit, lots of hugs and kisses from family. Then I got my girls ready for the kid's tri. I ran a mile chasing them during their bike and run legs.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Poor nutrition/hydration in the days leading up to and the day of the race. I felt pretty crappy the next couple days after the tri.

Event comments:

The swim was tough but the bike and run were good for me. I look forward to coming back to this race next year to beat my overall time.

Last updated: 2010-06-28 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:05:11 | 273 yards | 01m 54s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Suit: Pro Motion full suit
Course: Out and back along a bouy line.
Start type: Wade Plus:
Water temp: 60F / 16C Current: Medium
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
00:44:20 | 13 miles | 17.59 mile/hr
Wind:
Course: Mostly flat out and back along country roads. Pretty decent ride for me. I need to ride a lot more to gain speed here.
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:23:30 | 03 miles | 07m 50s  min/mile
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2010-07-06 11:59 AM

User image

Upon the Rock
Subject: Firecracker Triathlon/Duathlon & Kids mini-tri
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Firecracker Triathlon/Duathlon & Kids mini-tri Rss Feed