Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Sears best customer Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2005-07-15 12:03 PM

User image

Master
Finally north of the Mason-Dixon Line
Subject: Sears best customer
Ok, we just finished our first year in our own home and it's been expensive. First, a new clothing dryer since the house only had a gas hookup and to install an electric outlet was over $1000 to add additional voltage to the house since the house was close to maxing out, then updating the electrical system that caused a slight fire in ceiling fans, then a new stove/microwave that was carbon monoxing us out, a new dishwasher that refused to "wash" dishes (that all happened in the first 6 months of homeownership)....Now last weekend we had to buy a new washer since the ours decided to not to work (granted it was almost 15 yrs old) and yesterday after deciding to clean the refrig out, found 1/2 inch water under the bins. Thought maybe since I was putting food away from shopping things defrosted but nope, this morning another 1/2 inch was discovered... Guess another trip to Sears this weekend.... Sears must love us.... We've replaced every appliance in the last 7 months. Thank goodness for 0% financing. The expenses asscociated with homeownership.... I'm hoping this is the last expense so we can start to plan the remodeling phase for the house.

2005-07-15 12:24 PM
in reply to: #199222

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2005-07-15 12:35 PM

Champion
Ottawa, Ontario
Subject: RE: Sears best customer
Yes home ownership can be a wallet draining experience.  Now that you've replaced all your major appliance, you can look forward to re-doing the roof, re-paving the driveway, cutting back or cutting down trees when they get too big, changing the windows and doors, painting, tiling, plumbing, re-doing this and that, working, toiling, sweating, paying, paying, paying ....... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggggggggggg .........
2005-07-15 2:24 PM

Veteran
San Diego, CA
Subject: RE: Sears best customer
My fridge died, too. A week after the washing machine was repaired.

Maybe it's an appliance revolt. Or was the fridge jealous that the washer was getting such nice treatment? I hope the dishwasher and stove aren't feeling left out!

I recall someone Mad who was mentioning a comparison to Bob Villa. Do you have one of those guys at home? They come in handy.

Sheila

Edited by Happycow 2005-07-15 2:25 PM
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Sears best customer Rss Feed