Seattle, Washington
United States
Seafair
Total Time = 38m 50s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Pre race was just trying to park and walk around to see all the stuff that was going on. We did the Federal Escape triathlon earlier in the day so it was going to be interesting to see what the legs could do.
Roadrunner sports had a sweet deal going on. They had shoes that had not been worn very much for 50 bones. I do not like going with used shoes but most of these did not even seem to be worn. However they did not have my size. Found some great Zoots and Newtons to, just not in my size. Then me and my wife milled around and got ready.

Event warmup:

Get squished into the start area. Did see a friend I have not seen in a long time so that was nice but then it got real packed out, no space at all.
Run
  • 38m 50s
  • 4.97 miles
  • 07m 49s  min/mile
Comments:

The run was a lot of fun. I love running in downtown Seattle with the buildings on each side of you then running on the viaduct with the city on one side and the water on the other. Also for this race it follows the rout of the parade that follows the run so the streets are lined with loads of people cheering, that makes it fun.
The only down side for me is that there were so many runners and we all started at the same time. They had the 5k and 8k start at the same time. Then you have to dodge past people, move in and out, just makes it hard to find a good pace. However it was just part of the race today so ya deal with it and move on.
The course itself was not bad at all. It had some gradual hills, a steep down hill, a spot where the 5k turns around then another where the two races meet up before the finish, not to bad at all. Also on your number there was a free beer tickets, so any race with free beer has to be ok.

What would you do differently?:

run harder.
Post race

Last updated: 2010-08-01 12:00 AM
Running
00:38:50 | 04.97 miles | 07m 49s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race