BT Development ARE YOU NEW? Beginner Triathlete Group Training » Getting Started Rss Feed  
Moderators: Tri Take Me Away, alicefoeller Reply

of 7

2011-09-12 8:49 PM
in reply to: #3052855

Subject: RE: Getting Started

Hello all,

I've been a triathalon fan for almost two years now, my brother-in-law and now sister have been competing since 2008. I never thought this was for me because I'm not much of a biker or a swimmer. When it comes to running I used to run to train for hockey and baseball. My brother-in-law recently completed Ironman Louisville and after watching him cross that finish line there has been nothing that I have wanted to do more than that. I have not played hockey in a couple years but I coach and love that more than playing. Since being out of college and out of hockey for a couple years I am a little out of shape but less out of shape than I thought. I started last week running about 25 minutes a day and biking a little bit with my brother-in-law. I am not out of breath or really tired after my work-outs. I looked at the beginner sprint trainning plan and I do not think it is where I want to be. I think this is going to be a little bit of a challenge for me so I am excited about my work-out and I can't wait for Ironman 2013.

2011-09-22 5:26 PM

Is there any training groups in the Sherman, Texas area. I want to get started, but not sure where to begin. And by the way my name is Julie.

2011-10-02 8:32 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2011-10-02 8:32 AM

2011-10-02 3:50 PM

2011-11-14 6:08 PM

New user

Central QLD

Hi Jessica,

I have just joined today with the intention on registering for the Harrop Triathlon in April 2012. it will be my first.

I was looking to use the 20 wk 3x balanced plan however I want to change it around to suit my lifestyle a bit more eg. I run 6km every morning to give my dog excercise. would it still work to keep this up and then split my days with a swim/bike ride alternatively still having the 1 day off?

running for me is quite easy so I think I will be fine to continue with the further training in the program.

R,

Britts087

2011-11-15 4:26 PM

New user

Just getting started back, well guess I should start here. In 2009 after finishing a Tri had to go get checked out by EMT for a little blood in spit. Long story short had Heart problem and was given 4 months now 2 yrs later doctor says I can train for next year 1/2 Iron so I need some training tips if any one could help.  As of now I run about 30 miles at 11min a week, the bike I can ride for 30 miles not sure of time, but the swim I have yet to try.
2011-11-29 9:14 PM

Jessica:

After last season, which was my second year of tris, I did a sprint, Olympic, and HIM, as well as a 15K, a half marathon, and a full marathon.  I am signed up for IM Lake Placid which is July 22, 2012 and will obviously be my A race.  I plan on doing the 20 week program, which I should start  in March to hit IMLP on schedule.  What program should I follow from now until March?

2011-12-23 12:23 AM

Regular
LaPorte, IN

Hi Jessica,

My name is Okey.  I am an athletic director and coach for a christian high school.  I am over weight and out of shape and have decided to get back into shape.  I am entering a triathlon in August of 2012, and have got some of the kids from my school to enter as well.  We are going to start a triathlon/jogging club in January to train.  I am new to this and could use all the help I can get.  I was thinking of using the sprint x2 balanced 20 week plan.  Does this sound ok?  I really dont know how this site works, and how to utilize all the features on it.  Any help would be great.

Thanks

Okey Akers

2012-02-04 6:58 PM

Hi all. I'm Sean and I'm starting the 20 week plan for my first ironman (nice, June 24th) tomorrow. I've done a few sprints, one Olympic and one half iromman (december). I'm a bit concerned about the big hills on the bike course and the run is usually very hot. Not to mention 2500 swimers in a small amount of water at the same time. Should be fun !
2012-02-12 11:59 AM

Extreme Veteran
Atlanta, Georgia
Bronze member
just starting back into this sport. First week of training this week and it hurts being gone for several years so I feel like i'm just "getting started" all over again! Love BT creates a community for encouragement...it makes the sport a little more enjoyable to know I can read about others struggles and successes. S-

2012-03-14 7:52 AM

I am competing in my first triathlons this year.  I have two under by belt so far.  They have been the "warm-up" triathlons in Shelbyville, which have been in reverse order (run,bike,swim).  In two weeks, we will have the first one that is in the traditional order.

So here's my question.  With it still being cold outside (or at least the possibility), what is the correct procedure, and how do you prepare for and quickly transition, from an inside swim to an outside bike?  Thanks for your help on this.

2024-02-27 4:37 PM

Silver member
Hi!! I Will do my First Half Iron Triathlon in Helsingör Danmark 23/6-2024!! I have a question how do I transfer my finished workout from my Garmin 7x to BT
New Thread
BT Development ARE YOU NEW? Beginner Triathlete Group Training » Getting Started Rss Feed  

of 7