40 oz of water between 6am and 10:30

Event warmup:

Stretching and 1/2 warm up riding up and down parking lot and one course hill
Bike
  • 1h 32m
  • 16 miles
  • 10.43 mile/hr
Comments:

This was a tough race for me. I felt like I got hit by a truck. I went down somewhere between 15-20mph. Can't be mad because there were plenty of races I went down on my own, but I've never taken anyone else out. I did ok in Cat2 I think, for my first time. I can't believe how many people were walking the little hills at this place in Cat2!!! That is just rediculous to be a Cat2 racer and have to walk hills like these. Being so beat up I left before results were posted. I'm curious what I salvaged, but I'll have to wait till they post online. I hurt all over this morning. I'm finding all kinds of bruises and cuts.

damage to me: sprained thumb, bruised elbow/right quad/right calf-nice knot!/right forearm/ left calf/ and my lower back is all messed up.

bike: I still have to go over it, but looks like the rear shock is broke or something in the linkage got tweaked.
What would you do differently?:

I don't know I could of done anything differently. Maybe take a gel earlier. I pretty much did what I could with the situation that was handed to me
Post race
Warm down:

go home

What limited your ability to perform faster:

another rider taking me out.

Event comments:

This race was 20 minutes from home and was a good course. They had lots of volunteers and it was well marked along the way. However, there was no first aid tent and there were long sections of course without anybody there to help if someone got in trouble.

Post race activities sucked. I didn't stick around. Looks like you had to pay for any food or drink. Goodie bag was pathetic.

Last updated: 2010-08-19 12:00 AM
Biking
01:32:00 | 16 miles | 10.43 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Below average
1st lap- Big crash before the first turn. Was taken out from behind by another rider. I went from one of the top 10 spots to dead last. I got up and started trying to get back to the front. My HR went to around 175 very quickly. I made some good passes and had a pretty clean rest of the lap. 2nd lap- the effects of getting back up front started getting to me. My bike was making funny noises from the crash and at one point my chain slipped down to the granny gear. Had to slow down to fix that and kept going but basically coasting through the rest of the course. I didn't want to be there anymore. I went to grab a gel and bit off the top of the packet without puncturing low enough to get any out. Had to stop to fix that because my hands were too slippery and sweaty to do it while riding. Finished ok, but starting cramping in my quads from the effort to try and get back in the race on lap 1.
Wind:
Course: Technical and flat but lots of quick up and downs.
Road: Rough Wet Cadence:
Turns: Below average Cornering: Below average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right