General Discussion Race Reports! » 2010 Fallen Firefighter Memorial 5K Walk/Run Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

2010 Fallen Firefighter Memorial 5K Walk/Run - Run5k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Frankfort, Kentucky
United States
Kentucky Firefighters Association
68F / 20C
Precipitation
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 3/
Pre-race routine:

It was about an hour or so drive to Frankfort from Milton. Woke up at about 6:15 a.m. after a horrible nights sleep and ate a protein bar and paked the car for the trip.
Event warmup:

Just did some light streaching and mostly trash talking. Had to take the pre-race dump and then I was ready.
Run
  • 00m
  • 3.11 miles
  •  min/mile
Comments:

I will say that the challange is keeping your mind on running the race and not leting my body talk me out of doing as good as I can. My body didn't want to run that fast but as long as I kept my mind focused on doing it then it went ok. Derick and I made a wrong turn and ran a half mile extra.
What would you do differently?:

I think for how I prepaired my self the only thing that I would have done different was know the course. I felt like it was a good run for me. I finished 3 in my age group and would have won it had I not made a wrong turn. It was a hard course but I need challanges everytime I run.
Post race
Warm down:

I really other than kind of walking it off a bit I don't do much to warm down. Just walk abit and shake my legs out and get some water.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I could have been a bit more prepaired for the hills that we faced. I think what I do at home is a pretty good run course with some good hills. I just wasn't use to this course. I don't think I did bad but I also don't ever think I am over prepaired for any race I do.

Event comments:

I like this race because of what it is for. I went after my daughter after I was finished and I was able to cross the finish line with her so that was the best part of the day. The course needs to be better marked for sure. There wasn't a big crowd not much of a post race other than the awards which is kind of average. I think for what the race is they could do a bit more, find a local band or do lunch or something. Frankfort did bring out their ladder which was nice. All in all it was a great race for our department. We had a strong showing and it was good for us as a group to do stuff like this together. Took alot of pics at the wall and we wouldn't ever have been there to do that if not for this race! D.C.F.D. Rocks

Last updated: 2010-09-12 12:00 AM
Running
00:00:00 | 03.11 miles |  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: The course was pretty challanging it was "rolling hills" and it was the hills rolled alot! It was not easy and it was not flat anywhere on the course. The first 1/4 mile was a hill right off the gun.
Keeping cool Average Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? No
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Below average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2010-09-12 6:24 AM

User image

New user

Subject: 2010 Fallen Firefighter Memorial 5K Walk/Run
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » 2010 Fallen Firefighter Memorial 5K Walk/Run Rss Feed