Reston Bike Club
80F / 27C
Overcast
Total Time = 6h 15m
Overall Rank = /1110
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

got up and ate a big breakfast, drove to race site to meet Alan, set up bike with cherry drink, aerobottle, full gel flask, dates, and carried two Deer Park bottles in my jersey
Event warmup:

no warm-up, just a good pottie break!
Bike
  • 6h 15m
  • 105 miles
  • 16.80 mile/hr
Comments:

This wasn't a race, but it was definitely a good training ride with some really hard hills, I used all of the water that I had and filled another bottle at the Hamilton rest stop before heading home; the hills were pretty challenging, but a good push for me; I tried to hit them with some momentum since I wasn't overly confident in my climbing power. It was nice to get out for a long ride in a new area for a nice change of scenery.
What would you do differently?:

nothing; this was a fun experience and served its purpose perfectly in my training plan
Post race
Warm down:

put the bikes away, started a planned run, but Alan didn't feel quite right after tipping over on the bike, so did a long walk instead, visited the bathroom, got a great massage, and got something to eat

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Just my current fitness level. Alan and I took turns being in the lead. The hills wore my legs out, but I felt really good overall.

Event comments:

The race was well supported. The course was challenging, but fun. The race shirt had an especially nice design on the back. The post-ride food was excellent - two wonderful salads, an oriental noodle dish, and chicken breast that you could put on either one, along with beer and ice cream.

Last updated: 2010-06-07 12:00 AM
Biking
06:15:00 | 105 miles | 16.80 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/1110
Performance: Good
avg HR - 125, max HR - 166
Wind: None
Course: flat out to Hamilton rest site, two scenic but HILLY loops from there and then same flat course back to Reston
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right