United States
Adirondack Tri Club
Sunny
Total Time = 3h 15m 55s
Overall Rank = 356/408
Age Group = Female 35-39
Age Group Rank = 15/22
Pre-race routine:

We went up to Paul and Jill's Friday night. We had so much "fun" getting the kids to bed that we were all tired getting up on Saturday for the race. The early morning consisted of me just gabbing my stuff and heading out the door. I don't know why but I wasn't all that stressed about forgetting something... Maybe I'm just finally getting into a routine or maybe it was just my attitude for this race. Stopped at DD for a bacon, egg and cheese on the way with a small coffee. Odd choice, I know, but YUM!
Event warmup:

Hah... running around getting chip, marking, setting up transition, trying to find a porta potty with a short line and cramming my fat butt into my wetsuit. That was hard enough without an "official" warm up.
Swim
  • 31m 22s
  • 1640 yards
  • 01m 55s / 100 yards
Comments:

Not a bad swim overall considering I have not trained at all for the swim. The only times I have swum since the Cayuga race in August was in the lake in the Poconos and the Crystal Lake tri.
What would you do differently?:

I guess I'll have to train for it? I don't know what to do about my sighting issues when there are multiple orange buoys in your line of vision.
Transition 1
  • 04m 16s
Comments:

I really didn'ty try to rush this so I shouldn't be surprised at the time. I got the wetsuit off much better than I did at Cayuga but had a hard time getting my short on, being all wet. I also couldn't decide which shirt to wear (long or short) since it was only in the mid 50's. I went with the short though and was happy later on.

Move my butt along.
Bike
  • 1h 32m 23s
  • 24.85 miles
  • 16.14 mile/hr
Comments:

I had a really hard time getting myself going. I just couldn't get my legs to kick in. I also thought this was the most scared I have EVER been on a bike, and in a race no less. The bike essentially starts on a part of the bike path which is nice an smooth. But I had PACKS of people whizzing by me and I was just terrified. The groups came through so large and fast that I almost got knocked off several times and into the trees along the path. Being on the bike path, there were no race officials on their motocycles for this part of the bike. Once we got off the path and onto the road I thought it would be a little better but the road was VERY rough for a lot of it. It would have been ok if I could ride in the road and off the shoulder a little more but there was SO much traffic! And they were SO not considerate. There were two interesections where the traffic was backed up and I had a hard time navigating past the cars on the shoulder. At one of the intersections, I actually had to STOP for the cars to keep going through the intersection.

This I just don't know... My legs had nothing from the get go. Maybe it was a nutrition issue. I put too much gatorade in my gatorage/water mix and it was making me sick. Definitely more water next time.
Transition 2
  • 01m 25s
Comments:

Not much to say... I was just trying to get my hair up and psych myself up for an hour of pure torture.

Kick myself in the ass harder?
Run
  • 1h 06m 29s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 10m 43s  min/mile
Comments:

I knew this was going to be hell since I have not trained much. After Cayuga, I took it easy on the running trying to get my foot to heal. And in the process lost a lot of motivation. I actually enjoyed the course a lot more than I thought I would. I basically walk/jogged up the hills and jogged the downhills. It got me there in the end.

TRAIN!!!
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around ticked off that Paul and Kevin took the kids home before either of us even crossed the finish line. Hung around in the sun waiting for the raffle to see if Jill won anything this year.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Lack of training.

Event comments:

This really is a good race (despite my issues with the bike course). I just had no motivation going into the race, knowing I was severly undertrained. I went into this with an "I am participating, not racing" mentality and actually enjoyed myself without the pressure of wanting a certain time, etc.

Last updated: 2010-05-18 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:31:22 | 1640 yards | 01m 55s / 100yards
Age Group: 8/22
Overall: 202/408
Performance: Average
Suit: Yes
Course: The swim course was not the out and back that is shown on the race site. It was actually some sort of rectangle or rhombus or other geometric shape. It was very confusing and hard to sight after about half of it. When you picked up your head to sight, you have several orange bouys in sight and it was disorienting trying to figure out which you were heading for. Thank goodness for the number of swimmera around me!
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 69F / 21C Current: Low
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Average Drafting:
Waves: Navigation: Average
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 04:16
Performance: Below average
Cap removal: Average Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: No
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
01:32:23 | 24.85 miles | 16.14 mile/hr
Age Group: 16/22
Overall: 22/408
Performance: Average
Wind: None
Course: A hilly course in the Adirondacks.
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 01:25
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
01:06:29 | 06.21 miles | 10m 43s  min/mile
Age Group: 19/22
Overall: 22/408
Performance: Below average
Course: Two loops, and you are either going up for going down. There's not much flat.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 2
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? No
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2010-09-21 11:29 AM

User image

Master
Albany, NY
Subject: Lake George Triathlon

2010-10-12 9:47 AM
in reply to: #3109906

User image

Expert
West Grove, PA
Subject: RE: Lake George Triathlon
Rhoda... that's a fantastic time!  And considering what you considered to be limited training and challenging course conditions, I think you should consider this a major victory!  Well done and congrats on a great race.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Lake George Triathlon Rss Feed