Pike Peak Road Runners
65F / 18C
Sunny
Total Time = 3h 02m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Up at 4:30 since awake anyway. While re-checking related internet sites, ate PowerBar Choc Crisp and 4 Scoops CytoCarb II. 502 Cals, in the Carb-Pro-Fat Ratio 71-18-11.
Showered, dressed and hit Groc store for FRS and another Protein Plus Bar, then filled up at Gas Station.
Used McyD Restroom and got there in plenty of time. Registration Gals convinced me to re-up my Pikes Peak Road Runner membership and the race would be free.
Eased back to car, filled pockets, did some warm up moves, then hit the woods to go and Lube.
Run
  • 3h 02m
  • 15 miles
  • 12m 08s  min/mile
Comments:

I predicted 3:10, and went off course for about 5mins following about 6 folks who missed a turn, so 3:02 is great.

Effort definitely in the 4-5 range with significant impact. Lightheaded at finish table, and eased to car.
What would you do differently?:

At the missed turn, I slowed and called the others back, asking if there was someone in front of the lead gal, and she said yes a gal in Pink. That, and the fact that the trail was grass instead of hard-pack like the rest lead me to tell 'em I'd head back and check. When I found the trail I called out. This all took about 5mins, so if I subtract it, and think of it as going under 3 it's pretty sweet.
Post race
Warm down:

Eased to car and got going easy.
First ate Plain Egg & Muffin Egg Mcmuffin I bought at Woodland Park McD's on way to race- to use restroom, like everyone else.
Ate PowerBar Recovery, then drove through Burger King in Woodland Park for Whopper Jr. Stopped at Pikes Peak Highway and pulled over on Frontage by Wines of Colo and got out and stretched.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Uhh, have I ever mentioned the head of my femure traveled directly through the socket of my hip? How about multiple knee surgeries on the other knee? Ok, then let's just say breaking my ankle twice remains a limiter. :-)
It's all good, I just have issues. :-)

Event comments:

It's SUCH a beautiful course, perfect weather, and a good effort. Very Satisfied.

Last updated: 2010-09-15 12:00 AM
Running
03:02:00 | 15 miles | 12m 08s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: Beautiful 15mile trail run around Rampart Reservoir at 9,100ft. The course is on a single-track dirt trail that runs around the perimeter of Rampart Reservoir. In some places, the trail is rocky with the need to climb up or down. Lots of rolling ups and downs. Runners proceed down a 1.5mile "Lollipop Stick" then clockwise around the reservoir, including running across the dam on the east end of the reservoir.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes