Atlantic City, New Jersey
United States
Boardwalk Runners
Total Time = 1h 54m 16s
Overall Rank = 266/900
Age Group = M40-45
Age Group Rank = 40/108
Pre-race routine:

Couldn't really sleep the night before the race. Morning of the race I got down the Boardwalk Hall and wandered around and people-watched. It was cool but not quite cold.
Event warmup:

None
Run
  • 1h 54m 16s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 08m 43s  min/mile
Comments:

Flat, flat, flat. Except for a couple of highway ramps. Atlantic City can be kind of "quaint" but also a little dumpy. The sections of town that we ran through were nice and people came out and gawked at us. Overall, I liked the course - it let me run much faster than I thougt I could.
What would you do differently?:

Bring a fuel belt - there was not enough water on the course.
Train before hand - I was on trial for a few weeks and had no chance to properly train. Luckily residual fitness carried me through.
Post race
Warm down:

Hustled back to my room, showered, then found out there were goodie bags, so I hustled back to get one - which was literally just sitting in a pile.

Event comments:

First - BEST RACE MEDAL EVER - its a big squarish enamelled medal that doubles as a bottle opener! Way cool.

They need to recruit more volunteers and get a few more water stations, a few more announcements about whats available at the finish and some more volunteers to help the registration go smoother. Next year I'll get the wife to volunteer which usually means I help out too.

Last updated: 2010-09-26 12:00 AM
Running
01:54:16 | 13.1 miles | 08m 43s  min/mile
Age Group: 40/108
Overall: 266/900
Performance: Good
Course: Kind of a weird lollipop. First section takes you North on the boardwalk, out into the "Marina" area and then back to the boardwalk and south. Except for a drap spot behind the Borgata, it was a fairly nice course
Keeping cool Average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? No
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? No