Age Group Rank = 7/66
Pre-race routine:

breakfast/hydrate
Run
  • 26m 46s
  • 4.09 miles
  • 06m 32s  min/mile
Comments:

Didn't feel like this was my best run, but this wasn't an "A" race. I basically trained through this race. My legs were actually pretty sore before I started. I even ran 4.5 miles the night before. This race was supposed to be fun and it was. My main objective was to beat my mountain biking buddy who I never get to beat cycling. He's got 10 years of racing over me! It was fun to beat him in something. I was also there with friends from work. They were quite a bit slower, but I got a chance to hang out with them before and after the race.
What would you do differently?:

Next year, I'm at least going to rest the day before the race. I'd also start further in the front to get a clearer path.
Post race
Warm down:

walk/water/stretch

Event comments:

Good race!! Very well organized. Lots of runners. Navigating the start was tough weaving in and out of slower runners. That was my fault though. I started with friends expecting a slower run. There was plenty of water during the race, and water/snacks/hot chocolate after the race. We got a really good long sleeve tech shirt, but it is brown and ugly. They gave away a bunch of turkey's. They gave them to the top 5 in each AG and had a random race number raffle for at least 20 more. I missed top 5 in my AG, and a turkey, by 25 seconds!!!!!

Last updated: 2010-11-15 12:00 AM
Running
00:26:46 | 04.09 miles | 06m 32s  min/mile
Age Group: 7/66
Overall: 63/1300
Performance: Good
Course: big hill right off the start. Out loop and back. After the first hill, the loop was fairly flat and then we came down the same hill we went up for the start
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes