General Discussion Race Reports! » Sri Chinmoy Sydney Series 7: Iron Cove 16 km, 8 km & 4 km Runs Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Sri Chinmoy Sydney Series 7: Iron Cove 16 km, 8 km & 4 km Runs - Run8k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Sydney, New South Wales
Australia
Sri Chinmoy
24F / -4C
Sunny
Total Time = 41m 54s
Overall Rank = 14/68
Age Group = Under 50
Age Group Rank = 14/68
Run
  • 41m 54s
  • 8 kms
  • 05m 14s  min/km
Comments:

I realized I should have used the bathroom before the start about 1km in, so I was a little uncomfortable for the race. I stared off well and strong and it only took me 1-2km to get into a grove.

Its a small community race so it was very easy to navigate around all of the people.

The run out was quite good, I was planning on running alongside Amanda, but she was much stronger than me today. I hadn't had the best night's sleep, and wasn't feeling 100%, but all in all was pretty good.

I got to the turn around and had a good 2km and then was struggling from about 3km to go until 1km to go. I was able to sprint out the finish, so maybe I didn't quite push myself hard enough.

I'm happy with the race, I didn't really prepare for it in any special way, so it was OK.

Really If I think about it, I've never cracked a 5min km pace before, and I am getting closer and closer.
What would you do differently?:

Plan my breakfast
Wear different shorts
not drink too much,
get a full night's sleep.
Post race
Warm down:

ATE PANCAKES!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My full bladder
My shorts chaffing
My sleepyness

Event comments:

Great race series put on by this group. Simple and effective, quick results postings and well organised. Really low key and accurate distances. I would recommended one of these races for someone who is looking to do their first organised running race.

Low key and minimal weaving in and out of people.

Also, pancakes when you're done!

Not to mention it's only $15-30 entrance fee.

Last updated: 2010-11-28 12:00 AM
Running
00:41:54 | 08 kms | 05m 14s  min/km
Age Group: 14/68
Overall: 14/68
Performance: Good
Course: The course was an out and back flat course, with only a small rise to the turn around
Keeping cool Average Drinking Too much
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2010-11-28 4:43 PM

Sydney Australia
Subject:
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Sri Chinmoy Sydney Series 7: Iron Cove 16 km, 8 km & 4 km Runs Rss Feed