BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SMeador's Group - FULL! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 12

2011-01-26 10:25 AM
in reply to: #3263166

Subject: RE: SMeador's Group - FULL!
Im finally back to reality. It has been a crazy past few days and I feel bad for you northerners! I was in Ohio and it was COLD!!! I just returned to Ok today and stepped off the plan to a nice 35 degrees, it actually felt warm. This week they are predicting a few days in the 70s! I am excited to get a few good training days in and get back in the swing of things.
Thank you all for your encouraging words over the past few days, although I wasn't able to respond I was able to read your messages and I really appreciate it. The loss of a loved one  is always hard.
I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday today and I look forward to being back in the action on here as much as possible!
Cheers!! 

2011-01-26 10:30 AM

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas

Hi all,

Well we made it to the halfway point in the week. 

Things are going OK this week workout wise.  Have an hour run today but because of late meetings may have to do it inside.  Not the end of the world.

Just having a tough time with work this week.  Between us, I have really lost almost all the passion for what I do.  I am a very small fish in a very huge pond.   I've been in this big corporate environment for 5 years now.  I came from a small, family owned company where I did not fee so annonymous.   I am busy, but it is with 10,000 little annoying things.  I am craving a big meaty project that I can just immerse myself in.  Instead I feel like I spend most of my day swatting gnats that are flying around me.  Spend all day knocking down these little annoying things just to have then show up again the next day. 

I know...poor me

I think a lot of it is that I NEED this vacation.  And while it is only 2 weeks away I am already getting into vacation mode.  You know what I mean!

Anyway.  I will get out of this funk.  Tonight I am going to throw some intervals into my run...just for fun!

Have a great day everyone!

2011-01-26 6:20 PM
in reply to: #3322424

User image

Madison-ish, WI
bikermanmo - 2011-01-26 10:25 AM Im finally back to reality. It has been a crazy past few days and I feel bad for you northerners! I was in Ohio and it was COLD!!! I just returned to Ok today and stepped off the plan to a nice 35 degrees, it actually felt warm. This week they are predicting a few days in the 70s! I am excited to get a few good training days in and get back in the swing of things.
Thank you all for your encouraging words over the past few days, although I wasn't able to respond I was able to read your messages and I really appreciate it. The loss of a loved one  is always hard.
I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday today and I look forward to being back in the action on here as much as possible!
Cheers!! 

70's...really??  I was excited that its supposed to be in the 20's this week Laughing  Oh so jealous!
(and thinking of Marcy going on her cruise soon!)

Finally feeling better today, got my long run in for the week (41 minutes) and felt like I was going to die halfway through, but kept going and felt a lot better when I was closer to done.  One thing I always notice is that my feet seem to get really hot when I run....does this happen to anyone else??  My shoes were professionally fitted, and I don't wear them too tight and I wear cotton socks (maybe I should try different socks?)  Suggestions?

I know how you feel Marcy, with not loving your job.  I had been at my current place of employment for almost 5 years and just feel like I am stuck in a rut and not appreciated for what I do.  I think in a few months I might re-start the employment search....

I am sitting in the living room with the bike trainer staring me down--thinking I am going to let my subway settle a little bit, and then give in and go for a 20 min ride.

Only a couple more days until the weekend!!
2011-01-26 7:47 PM

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas

Em, it could definatley be your socks.  I have become something of a sock snob.  I only wear Thorlo Experia.

I find that since I started wearing them I do not get blisters.  They are a bit pricey but I think they are worth it.  I am between a small and medium but find the mediums are a little big and tend to bunch so I get the smalls.

Today's workout was kinda sucky.  Bad day at work and just no mojo to run.  Did 45 minutes but some GI issues made me stop.  Oh well. life goes on!

2011-01-27 6:24 AM

Good morning all! Had a great run yesterday and a big swim planned tonight. Good to get back in the swing of things again. I hope you all have a great day!
2011-01-27 9:55 AM

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas

One more day until the weekend!!

Trainer ride done!  The pick-ups seemed easier this time.  Could have been mental but don't care

Swim on the schedule for tonight!

Have a great day everyone!

2011-01-27 10:09 AM

User image

New user
Texas
GRUMBLE.....  Went to the pool I drive an extra ten minutes to because I like it better for the second time this week.  And for the second time, I was DENIED.  On Monday I went based on the published fall schedule online.  They had not updated it and their new winter schedule says closed Mondays.  Then today I drive all the way out there and they don't have enough life guards on duty.  SERIOUSLY???

I have spin tonight - hoping for a better last half of the day.
2011-01-27 7:47 PM

User image

Madison-ish, WI
Thanks for the suggestion on the socks Marcy...I will check those out.

I decided that I am going to go back to my "bridge to 10K" program (Back story: I did the couch to 5k, and started to go straight into the B 2 10K but at the time it felt a little too aggressive...now I am getting bored just running the same # of minutes each run and need to get some interest back in it.  I like the programs because they mix in the intervals.  Not sure if it really helps physically but I know it does mentally).  I was going to go swimming after the run, but the pool only had 2 lap lanes open and each had 2 people already.  Looks like I will swim tomorrow and Saturday!

My day at work: dealing with the arrival of approximately 600 high school students, a rather unhelpful (but required) sales webinar, and drunken brothers trying to get out of their room charges (and almost having to involve the police).  Working at a hotel is not always easy, but it sure can be entertaining!!  I have to work on Saturday this week, so I still have 2 days to go, but it will be worth it to have Sunday and Monday off with the hubby (he's a paramedic with a whack schedule and we don't get many "weekends" together").  I will make it...only 2 more days...only 2 more days

Happy Friday to the rest of you!! Laughing
2011-01-27 7:59 PM

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas

Hang in there Em! 

My day ended up being pretty darn good.  I went in with a much better attitude and it paid off.  Had a decent swim tonight.  Nothing earth shattering but good.  Tomorrow is my long continuous swim.  Normally I don't swim 2 days in a row but I had to make some adjustments this week because of 3$ martini night!

Glad tomorrow is Friday.  Meeting my former boss for lunch and really have a pretty open day.  That is rare so I can take care of some housekeeping things.  My Outlook is pretty ugly.  Need to clean that out and do an expense report.

Have a great night all!  Catch you Friday!

2011-01-28 12:16 AM

User image

Veteran
Hey all,

Went over to the YMCA and did an easy 20 minutes on treadmill just to get back at the running. I hadn't run in about a month and then hit the steam room.

Marie...the first year i trained for marathon i was sore all the time and after a long run it would take me a couple of days to recover and not be sore...next year did ironman and sore during long runs and long bikes but not as bad and then BREAKthrough following year while training for IMFL I was really feeling good and even after long runs it seemed to only take a few hours to feel pretty good...so it does get better.

Make sure you do some stretching post workouts and I bought a calf message machine and use the stick, foam roller etc. all which seem to help.

I know what you mean about jobs..I tend to start to get bored after about 5 years doing the same thing. Just quit my job about 6 months ago and started my own company handling corporate compliance for companies in all the states. I compete against my old Corporate Monster of a company ...kind of fun.

2011-01-28 7:35 AM

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas

We made it to the end of the week kids!

What's on everyone's weekend plans?  Tonight is my long straight swim.  3400 I think.  Tomorrow is 3 hours on the bike and then Sunday 1:50 run.

Busy Busy Busy...but in a good way.

Have a great day all!

2011-01-28 10:07 AM

Its so beautiful outside. Its already 50 and supposed to hit 70 today. I want to get on my bike so bad and ride today but I have meetings...I got to cancel something to get a ride in. I MUST. Happy Friday!!!
2011-01-28 2:29 PM

User image

Master
Southern Ontario

Bikermanmo - SO jealous!!! It's warmer here than it was - but not THAT warm - and we have a lot of snow on the ground still.

Okay - so I survived the chest cold/fever thing that has been going around here.  Knocked me down for the past 3 days.  It was AWFUL.  I'm back at work today - but only operating at about 60%.  It's date night for me tonight - we're going to see Barney's Version which is based on a Canadian novel that my BF has read probably a dozen times - so he's excited.  I guess it was at the film festival in the fall. 

I'll see how I feel this weekend - probably no workouts for me tomorrow either - but we have our group run on Sunday at 4 - so I'll probably plan on doing that.  At worst I can walk with the walkers. 

2011-01-28 6:38 PM
in reply to: #3327394

User image

Madison-ish, WI
Oh you guys....I woke up in funk and it hasn't left me all day.  I managed to survive my day at work, only to go to the Y and see a full pool (only 2 lanes open for lap swimming and both of them had 2 people in them already).  That is all the convincing I needed to blow off my swim for the day.  Instead I came home and did my longest ride yet on the bike trainer.  I worked in some 1 min 100+ RPM intervals every 5min, and averaged 14ish mph for 42 minutes!

I am feeling a little better now and am thinking of pouring myself a nice glass of red and catching up on some DVR'd TV. 

One more day of work to go, then a run & swim...........and Sunday is a day of rest.Smile

Have a great weekend everyone!!
2011-01-28 7:31 PM

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas

Great job on the trainer Em.  Sometimes a workout is what you need to make the day better.

I had another really strong swim tonight.  Not really sure what flip switched to make me faster, but I don't care.  3400 yards in 1:06:45.  That is an average of 1:58 a hundred.  Prior to a few weeks ago, I was averaging about 2:06 so this has been a huge improvement!

2011-01-29 8:13 AM
in reply to: #3327884

User image

Madison-ish, WI
dodgersmom - 2011-01-28 7:31 PM

Great job on the trainer Em.  Sometimes a workout is what you need to make the day better.

I had another really strong swim tonight.  Not really sure what flip switched to make me faster, but I don't care.  3400 yards in 1:06:45.  That is an average of 1:58 a hundred.  Prior to a few weeks ago, I was averaging about 2:06 so this has been a huge improvement!

This is so true...sometimes I just need to sweat off my funk Smile

Awesome job on the swimming!! (I am jealous!)  I have a 40ish minute run planned & hopefully a nice swim tonight after work....and then tomorrow should be a day of rest!! (aka...wedding project extravaganza)

Have a great weekend everyone!!

2011-01-30 9:45 AM

User image

Madison-ish, WI
Well, about an hour after my last post I started feeling really icky, and by the time my work day was over I was running a fever and had a sore throat.  Needless to say..no run or swim happened....

I am feeling better this morning, and am going to keep today as my "off" day.  I slept in, am enjoying some coffee and catching up on my soaps from the week   Life is good.

2011-01-30 9:59 PM

User image

New user
Texas
Quiet day on her today. Got an unexpected run in today. I had planned to get on the bike. But a trip to the park today made for a change in plans. Hope you all enjoyed your weekends
2011-01-30 10:44 PM

So it was 75 and beautiful on Saturday. I was able to take my felt on her maiden voyage and it felt good. It was my first time aero and I have alot of adjusting to do. I should also get fitted properly.Worst news though, we are supposed to get 14 inches of snow starting tomorrow night! that just defines Oklahoma, 75 and beautiful then 2 days later a blizzard. It is what it is though, it will be a few gym days for me looks like.
2011-01-31 2:39 PM

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas

Hey gang!  Adam, you NEED a proper bike fit.  Riding, especially in aero without a proper fit is just an invitation for injuty!!

It was a beautiful weekend.  Too bad a cold had be down yesterday   Feeling better today and got an hour on the trainer at lunchtime.  May try to get an hour run in tonight but may also not push my luck and fully recover.

Good luck to those of you facing snowpocalypse tomorrow.  We are looking at some ice and temps in the low teens.  Go figure, it was 70 yesterday.  No wonder everyone is sick!

2011-01-31 4:39 PM

User image

Madison-ish, WI
Man, it sounds like the old cold bug has been biting everyone!  I am still not 100%, but feeling lots better than Saturday.

I have to say that it has been a pretty great day off!! (If only all Monday's could be like this!) I slept in (for me, that means 6am), had a lazy morning drinking coffee & watching the news channels talk about the 10-20 inches of snow we are supposed to get in the next 3 days, and worked on wedding projects.

For a workout, this is both mine and the hubs "recovery" week, so we only had a 20 minute run scheduled and decided to give it a go outside!!  The pooch loved it...the hubs and I were glad it was only 20 minutes

I am dreading having to drive in this crap for the next couple of days, but am trying not to think about that for now!  I am going to enjoy the rest of my relaxing day, and hope the rest of you had a great Monday!

2011-02-01 7:56 PM

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas

Hey all from FREEZING cold Dallas.  Low tonight is 8!  That's right..8 degrees.

Got an hour on the trainer.  Cannot shake this stupid cold

2011-02-01 8:18 PM

I hear that! I'm in tulsa, going to be -3 tonight and we got 21 inches of snow! thats crazy for us here! prob won't be able to leave the house for a few days, everything is shut down. looks like snow shoveling will be my workout.....
2011-02-02 9:52 AM

User image

New user
Texas
Part of the deep freeze down south. Unfortunately, used it as an excuse to lounge around, eat bad and do nothing. The scale shows it too. Must do something today.
2011-02-02 7:49 PM

illinois
17 inches of snow here!! went no where today but did get a workout in on the bike in the basement-- i hope to getto ymca tomm to run---Hope everyone is feeling better-- I am slowly but surely----that bein sick is so annoying!!!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SMeador's Group - FULL! Rss Feed  

of 12