Colorado Masters Running/Racewalking Association
38F / 3C
Sunny
Total Time = 22m 30s
Overall Rank = 20/95
Age Group = M 40-44
Age Group Rank = 4/9
Pre-race routine:

Made smoothie got stuff together (although I did most of it the night before since I hadn't done any races in nearly 2 years, I wanted to walkthrough packing up slowly)
Drove up and registered for Colorado Masters Runner Association for the year. Talked to some folks and found the port-o-let
Event warmup:

Did one inner lap of the lake real slow. Hit another outhouse then continued and did another lap. This time, I threw in strides every 2 minutes or so.
Run
  • 22m 30s
  • 5 kms
  • 04m 30s  min/km
Comments:

Seeded myself where I thought I should fit in, was a little dismayed at how many people went by me early. It didn't really feel like I was running at "race effort" but it was what I wanted to do at the time. Hit the first mile in 7:07. Felt like I slowed and did the next mile + directional error in 7:31. Did the last .6 + in 4:09. Kept the group in front of me in "touch" most of the race. Last 1/2 mile I slowly picked it up (or maybe they slowed down) and caught 2 ahead and closed the gap on the group, in the final stretch, passed one more and 2 others finished just ahead.
What would you do differently?:

I don't know, this was about right for where I am at right now.
Post race
Warm down:

Did a lap in reverse

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Just rebuilding a foundation and not had much time doing sub 8's

Last updated: 2011-01-04 12:00 AM
Running
00:22:30 | 05 kms | 04m 30s  min/km
Age Group: 4/9
Overall: 200/95
Performance: Average
Course: Course was 2 laps around the outer loop of Lake Arbor followed by a out and back horseshoe for the final .6 miles. A person giving directions was providing a wrong turn at one point. Made a differerence for the top 30 or so. Making the correction added a little to the course and I think that final horseshoe might have been a nudge long. Not bad overall though
Keeping cool Good Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?