BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Sink or SWIM! with WittyCityGirl - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 72

2011-04-10 1:48 PM
in reply to: #3438153

User image

Master
Dunedin
Subject: RE: Sink or SWIM! with WittyCityGirl - OPEN

I visited Australia and New Zealand for three weeks well over 10 years ago and loved both countries, especially NZ. It'd be amazing to live there, but I worry about getting home in an emergency.  The psych programs and nutrition program all have a diet/exercise component.  So, if I go the psych route then I would become a licensed psychologist with a specialization in health psychology and would probably work on the obesity problem.  If I go the nutrition route I would be a gal with another degree...so I could do more research on eating behavior or something related.

50andgettingfit - 2011-04-09 11:00 PM

Sara,

How do you pick between a psychology program and a nutrition program??? Plus how do you pass up New Zealand! Dave and I just got back from 2 weeks in Australia (the trip was my 50th birthday present ) and everyone we talked to that had just come from New Zealand couldn't say enough good things about the country. Sounds pretty exciting!

2011-04-10 2:32 PM
in reply to: #3294922

User image

Expert
Henderson, NV
Subject: RE: Sink or SWIM! with WittyCityGirl - FULL like whoa!
Suzie and Lori are welcome by me, Sara what do you think?  I am on my mac at work so I still don't know how to cut and paste.  Could someone repost an update of everyone in the group?  If not I can try tomorrow.  Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
2011-04-10 3:38 PM
in reply to: #3438162

User image

Master
Dunedin

Hi Curt!  Glad to read your bio-you have much to be proud of in your kids!  We're work on a "no drowning" approach to everyone's swimming so you can be more confident for your next race. Laughing

croixfan - 2011-04-09 11:11 PM

Sara -- As promised, here's my info.  Itzia and Mike will be here shortly if you still have room....  Really looking forward to your guidance in the swim area.  Let's just say that I resemble a rock when I get in the pool!

Name:  croixfan (used to tourney bass fish and love these fishing rods!)/ Curt

Story:  44 years old and just finishing up my first season participating in triathalons.  Back in 2009 my then 14 year old son did a sprint and I thought it looked like fun.  Fast forward to the following April and I decided to give it a try.  Growing up I played a lot of basketball and baseball where I could capitalize on my speed so I figured piece of cake -- WRONG.  This has been a HUGE switch / journey as I started with absolutely zero endurance base -- not to mention some serious atrophy in the left leg due to a blown Achilles two years back.  I'm looking to slowly develop in to a solid age group performer.  Confident that I can get there.  Realistic that it's going to take 2-3 years.

Family Status:  Married with 3 kids (all December b-days).  A daughter soon to be 19 that's in here second year of engineering at U of I (pulling straight A's!).  A son that's 16 years old and is one heck of an endurance athlete (his best time in XC this fall was just under 16 minutes for 3 miles, ran the mile today right at 5 minutes / finished FOP this summer in a sprint tri) who also pulls solid grades in a full set of honors courses.  And a 13 year old daughter that's a solid student who plays with XC -- for her it's a social event.  Currently we live in the Chicago area, but we've lived in a lot of places -- Central Illinois, Colorado, Dubai, and Brussels -- over the past 10 years.

Current Training:  Been playing with different programs.  Did one cycle of "The Time Crunched Triathlete" book -- was fun / book is very insightful.  Right now I'm doing lots of slow miles and trying to work in  with a Masters swim club.  I'm incredibly slow in all three events, BUT have gotten to the point where my cardio system is pretty solid.  My swimming absolutely sux.  Going forward, I'll likely be looking to get 3 runs, 3 bikes, and 3 swims in each week. 

2010 Races:  Did a mini-sprint in April where I was BOP.  Did a sprint with an OWS at the end of July where I nearly drowned.  Seriously 28 minutes for 500 yards and 5 stops on the surf boards.  My Mom was there and my wife let me know she was nearly in tears watching me flail about haplessly.  A very humbling experience where I was way BOP.  Two weeks later went after another sprint with a pool swim and finished MOP and had a great time.  That convinced me that I can do this!

2011 Races:  Likely will try and do four sprints this year (end of May, June, and July + mid-August).  The races are fun, but I'm looking to use the training to get in great shape.  Looking forward, may try and do some more events in 2012 (or may toss in a couple more this year!).

Weight Loss:  Stand 5'9".  Started out at 185 and am down to 180.  Very frustrating not to see any more loss as I feel great / can see the difference.  Would like to drop about 10 pounds to make the running easier on my body.  Will need to get serious about tracking intake to see any gains -- I love chocolate!!!

What Will Make Me  A Good Mentee:  I check in regularly and keep my logs current.  I listen to guidance and pursue new ideas with an open mind.  I've also spent a bunch of timing coaching kids and love watching others develop.  Like the fact that the group is targeted at beginners.  We'll likely be sharing the same hurdles / can help each other over them.

Goals:  By the end of the 2011 season I'd like to get to where I can do 1000m at 2min / 100m (currently around 2:45 / down from 3:30 in December) , bike a 20 mile circuit at 22mph on my road bike (currently aroud 18mph), and run a 5K at an 8 minute pace (currently around 8:30 minute pace / down from 9:00 in December).

Let the fun begin!

2011-04-10 3:43 PM
in reply to: #3438174

User image

Master
Dunedin

Hi Tim!

Glad to see your bio posted!  Since you're concerned about losing a bunch of weight, I encourage you to start posting in your BT blog what you eat every day so that you can start noticing patterns.  Also, http://www.mypyramid.gov/mypyramid/index.aspx is a helpful site.  I use it to teach nutrition education.  I think many people don't truly understand what a portion size should be, so you may want to look at nutrition facts labels and see what the recommended serving size is and see how it fits into the recommendations for you from the My Pyramid site.

jayhawkrichie - 2011-04-09 11:29 PM

NAME: Tim

STORY: I was very active as a kid. I played basketball throughout high school, first on the freshmen team, but then just played pickup basketball at the local park.  I never had trouble running, in fact, when I graduated from Navy bootcamp, I ran 1.5 miles in 8:40.  I got married 2 months later and that started the weight gain.  Flash forward 18 years and I find myself 80 pounds heavier than I was when I graduated from high school.  Graduated at 117, currently 206.  I'm only 5'6", so I am way overweight.  3 years ago, my fitness became an issue, as I couldn't pass the fitness test for the Air National Guard.  I failed 4 consecutive tests over a 2 year period and that ended in January 2010.  It was then that I thought about triathlon.  I started training for a My First Tri in June 2010.  I followed the BT 22 week plan and completed the triathlon, but struggled with the swim and run.

Although, I completed the Tri, I didn't lose any weight.  Obviously, my nutrition sucked, and still does.  So, I failed 2 more fitness tests and was forced to retire.  I will officially retire in September 2011 on the same day that I hope to complete an Olympic Tri.

FAMILY STATUS: I'm 38, married with 2 kids, 17 and 13.  My wife wants to train for a 5K in May. We will do it together.

CURRENT TRAINING: Modified 13 week sprint plan with running everyday.

LAST YEAR'S RACES(2010): My First Tri, and 2 local 5Ks

2011 RACES: My First Tri (to see if I can improve my time), Crab Trap Tri, Beach Blast Olympic (A race)

WEIGHTLOSS: None, but I need to lose about 50-60 pounds.  Have to repair my nutrition.

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTEE: I need mentoring and accountability.  I love this sport, but I often find myself making excuses to skip workouts.

2011-04-10 3:52 PM
in reply to: #3438204

User image

Master
Dunedin

Edited by WittyCityGirl 2011-04-10 3:54 PM
2011-04-10 3:53 PM
in reply to: #3438204

User image

Master
Dunedin

Hi Itzia,

Thank you for joining our group!  It's great to have some international flavor here. =)  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

itziaol - 2011-04-10 12:15 AM

Hi Sara!  As Curt mentioned, here is my bio.  I hope you still have room.

NAME: itziaol / Itzia
A real beginner

STORY:  I’m 45 years old.  In the past 5 years I’ve concentrated on working and studying, but after looking at my holiday pictures last Summer, I decided I had to do something about my figure and started dieting and exercising.  I also thought of participating in a sprint triathlon as a goal to accomplish in August 2011, but I don’t like running, so I tried that first and ran my first 10K race in November. 

I practically grew up swimming.  I’m a tropical fish by nature although I’m still working on some details in my technique and I have no condition at present!!  I trained with a diving team and a swimming team as a teenager, but my passion was always classical ballet.  I have next to no experience in riding a road bike and I’ve been waiting for a bike that I ordered from the US for the past ten weeks!  But I belong to a triathlon team where they lend me one every Wednesday.  The rest of the week I can use my mountain bike. I’m actually beginning to like biking more than swimming. 

FAMILY STATUS:  I’m married and have two kids, a 10 year old girl and a 14 year old boy.  My family is used to supporting me in my personal projects, which have always been ambitious and demanding.

CURRENT TRAINING: I was doing well until I injured myself walking down some steps at work in December (yes, it was not during training!!) Since then, I lost condition and my training has been quite erratic.  February was a great month, but March was full of b-day celebrations and I took a course in the US.  I’ve decided April has to be much better.  I only have 4 months to prepare for my first sprint!!

GOALS: Veracruz Triathlon (sprint), Boca del Río, Veracruz, 27th August 2011 and Huatulco International Triathlon (sprint),Oaxaca, 8th October 2001.

WEIGHTLOSS:  I’ve lost 17.6lb and my body composition has been gradually changing.  I still have to lose another 12lb to reach my ideal weight.

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTEE:  I am very enthusiastic and supportive.  I’m also a good researcher, so even though I might not know much about tris, I can find things out and share them with the group.  I’m really looking forward to my first sprint!!!

2011-04-10 4:07 PM
in reply to: #3438211

User image

Master
Dunedin
jayhawkrichie - 2011-04-10 12:27 AM

So, let me be the first to ask a swimmin' question.  Most of the beginner swimming workouts I've seen, including the one on Sara's Training log, reference 25 yard laps.  The pool I have access to right now is a 50m pool.

Should I just change the 25 yard increments to 50 yard increments?

Thanks,

Tim, I think it would depend on the workout.  I think you will be fine swimming 50 yards when it calls for 25 yards, but keep the total yardage the same.  Does that help?

2011-04-10 4:10 PM
in reply to: #3438208

User image

Master
Dunedin

50andgettingfit - 2011-04-10 12:19 AMIgnore my last post! I was trying to post a picture and it was too big

Bummer! Do you know how to resize it?  I'm having trouble with BT eating my responses to you all. I know have to copy everything before I send it "just in case" ugh. Embarassed

Edited by WittyCityGirl 2011-04-10 4:12 PM
2011-04-10 4:14 PM
in reply to: #3438238

User image

Master
Dunedin

I can't deny an Aussie! Especially if we might be neighbors if I move to New Zealand in December.  Welcome to the group!

suzielea - 2011-04-10 2:13 AM

Do you have room for 1 more?

I haven't actually committed to any tri's this year but would like to improve my swimming as I'm pretty hopeless at it, lol to possibly do some in early 2012 ( summer where I am.) I'm also a beginner in everything else as I'm currently only walking and don't get to do the bike that much. I am looking at doing the agressive c25k after I've completed the mothers day classic on May 8 though. I'm in Australia

If you say yes I'll post the rest of my bio

Edited by WittyCityGirl 2011-04-10 4:15 PM
2011-04-10 4:17 PM
in reply to: #3438440

User image

Master
Dunedin

Thanks, Dave.  He was one of a kind, that's for sure! Smile

Edited by WittyCityGirl 2011-04-10 4:18 PM
2011-04-10 4:24 PM
in reply to: #3438533

User image

Master
Dunedin

Simon- Beginnertriathlete.com has eaten my last two posts to you, so sorry for the short response....

That stinks that you had to defer your marathon to next year, but now you have more time to train to become extra speedy.  I hope you can stay healthy during your Ironman training!

Edited by WittyCityGirl 2011-04-10 4:26 PM

2011-04-10 4:33 PM
in reply to: #3438451

User image

Master
Dunedin
Hi Lori!  I believe we have room for you.  Send us your bio when you can-looking forward to reading it!

Edited by WittyCityGirl 2011-04-10 4:33 PM
2011-04-10 4:40 PM

User image

Master
Dunedin

Hi Group!

We have one more person, Mike, that will be in our group and then we'll be full. 

Thank you for joining this mentor group!  This will be a great way to meet new people and learn more about triathlon.

Now that the majority of you have posted your bio, I'd like you to answer the following questions, they'll help me better guage where everyone is at (sorry if this is already in your bio, I need to re-wrap my mind around where everyone is at swimming wise).

1. When is your first race this year? Where is it and what distance?
  2. What is the farthest you have swam?
  3. What is your time for a 100yd/100m swim?
  4. Can you swim front crawl, backstroke, and breast stroke?
  5. How many times each week can you realistically commit to swimming? For how long?
  6. Have you ever used a pull buoy or kickboard?
  7. Do you know any swim drills?
  8. Do you have a wetsuit?

There were more questions, but my posts are getting eaten today-not sure if it's the BT website or the fact that I'm on a work computer.  Thanks for answering the questions!

Edited by WittyCityGirl 2011-04-10 4:53 PM
2011-04-10 5:00 PM

User image

Hi sara

1. 1st race will be on may 1st pool based sprint triathlon.

2. Farthest swim was today swam 2680m

3. 100m time is 2.38ish

4. Swim breast stroke. Always struggled with crawl will probably try again after germany.

5. I can usually make 3 sessions a week 4 at a push.

6. I have used pull buoys and kick boards. 

7. I've been shown a few drills a long time ago.

8. Yes i own a wetsuit.

Thanks

Simon

2011-04-10 5:41 PM

User image

Hi Sara and thanks so much for letting me join the group! There is alot of positivity here and I am really excited to be here.  Here is my bio.

Name: Lori

My Story:  I am a 38 year old who was once very athletic her lifetime.  In school, I was actually quite the sprinter and ran a 100 meter race in just under 10 sec. to win the city championship.  I raced provincially (I am Canadian) after that.  I also played basketball provincially as well before a really bad car accident left me with months and months of physiotherapy.  Sad, I know but I have no regrets.  I have been blessed with much in my life and am truly happy Smile

In January I decided to sign up for my first 5k with my hubby.  2 weeks into training my brand new treadmill fell on my foot, breaking my toe and cracking the top of my foot.  So my training got sidelined.  I restarted within a few weeks and completed my first 5k on April 2nd.  I was slow but I finished strong so I am happy with that.

I would watch the Ironman Hawaii on tv and it would bring tears to my eyes seeing these incredible althletes.  So that being said, I figured why don't I try a tri.  So just 2 weeks ago, I added biking to my running training and it has increased my strength significantly.  I have a 10k May 1st that I am doing with my hubby.  He is also doing the tri with me.  I can swim but haven't  officially began as I am shopping for a rec center with the best options/price.  Swimming in open water kinda freaks me out though; will definitely need a wetsuit.  I don't like slimey/seeweedy water!

Family Status:  Married for 16 years to a wonderful, supportive man who is doing this journey with me.  I have 2 boys, 13 and almost 11.  My 11 year has high functioning autism. 

Current Training:  I am running 3x/week and biking 3x/week with one day off.  I will be adding swimming in early May if not sooner.  I am currently using hubby's bike on the trainer as mine was stolen.  I am in the market for a new bike so I am shopping around.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

Goals:  Harry's Spring Run Off - 5k (met!); Sporting Life 10 - May 1st; Niagara/Grimsby Try A Tri - August 7.  And maybe 1 or 2 races in the summer, still undecided.

What will make me a good mentee:  I will be here daily with support and advice as needed.  I too am a great researcher (I even got a 4.0 in a research and stats course I took last year!) and look forward to helping everyone on their journey.  I am an RN so if anyone requires info in that department/medical issues, I can help with that.

I forgot to mention that I have never, ever been a long distance runner so I am starting really slow. I have to get the breathing under control.  It probably doesn't help that I have added about 20lbs onto my body and most of it is in my thighs lol.  But I have to say I have been really good with the eats this weeks and I have lost 3lbs.  Yay!

I am really looking forward to sharing the next few months with all of you! 

2011-04-10 6:13 PM

User image

Veteran
Cuernavaca, Mexico
  1. When is your first race this year?   27th August. Where is it and what distance?  Veracruz, México, sprint 750m OWS
  2. What is the farthest you have swam?  5000m a looooong time ago.  1,500 last month.
  3. What is your time for a 100yd/100m swim? Last TT was 35 mins 1000m on 6 March
  4. Can you swim front crawl, backstroke, and breast stroke?  Yes, although I haven’t worked on my backstroke and breast stroke yet.
  5. How many times each week can you realistically commit to swimming? 3 times a week For how long?  An hour and 45 mins max
  6. Have you ever used a pull buoy or kickboard? When I started to train with the team, now they won’t let me use them.
  7. Do you know any swim drills? Yes.  There is always a coach at the pool and he tells me which drills to do.
  8. 8.      Do you have a wetsuit?  I don’t need one for the warm waters of Mexican seas.  LOL  My problem regarding temperature is getting used to running and biking in very hot and humid weather.

I'm looking forward to training with this group.  I believe I can learn a lot from all of you.  Have a great evening everyone!  Smile

Edited by itziaol 2011-04-10 6:14 PM

2011-04-10 6:19 PM

User image

Expert
Henderson, NV
  1. When is your first race this year? Where is it and what distance?  Friday is my 4th race this year.  1 half mary, 1 mary, 1 sprint tri.  Real tri season for me starts toward the fall.  HIM "A" race and prep for IMCd'A.
  2. What is the farthest you have swam? I had a number of 5k ows last year, typical workout is 3k.
  3. What is your time for a 100yd/100m swim? My T time is about 1:40, can swim in 1:20's but usually do sets on 2 minutes.  I try to be more efficient than fast.
  4. Can you swim front crawl, backstroke, and breast stroke? Nope
  5. How many times each week can you realistically commit to swimming? For how long? 2-3 times a week during a program.  I don't swim a lot outside of 3 months of an "A" race. 
  6. Have you ever used a pull buoy or kickboard?  yep
  7. Do you know any swim drills?  Kick, catch-up, finger drag and closed fist is my standard warm up
  8. Do you have a wetsuit?  Yes but I want an upgrade BAD!  On the Christmas list for 2012.
2011-04-10 6:21 PM
in reply to: #3438533

User image

Veteran
Cuernavaca, Mexico
silverback25 - 2011-04-10 12:07 PM

Hi everyone.

NAME Silverback25/simon.

HISTORY I've taken part in 4 marathons and 1 sprint triathlon as well as 1 sprint duathlon. Have always been involved in team sports but after several little injuries decided i couldn't keep having time off work so stopped playing sport full stop.I then got very lazy and put alot of weight on. I then sat and watched the london marathon one morning and for some reason i thought to myself i could do that but i was never a distance runner more a sprinter. 2 years later i completed my 1st london marathon. One day i was on youtube and saw an ironman trailer and again a little voice said "i can do that" so in july i will be on the start line in frankfurt for ironman europe.

FAMILY I live with my partner julie and her 2 sons i also have an 11 year old son of my who i see every weekend .

TRAINING My training was going well through january and early february i then developed a stomach bug which i couldn't shake off so my training suffered alot. I have just found out i have crohns disease. should have been doing the london marathon next sunday but have defered my place to next year and was seriously considering pulling out of ironman. i have just completed a test week to see how i felt training and have come through it feeling strong so have decided to push on with my dream of becoming an ironman. Training will have to be altered at times when i have flare ups with my condition. This might mean doing alot of training on the treadmill or static bikes so i'm not far from a toilet but am determined not to let it get in my way.

looking forward to sharing everyone's journey towards there goals.

Regards

Simon

Simon,

Sorry to hear about your illness.  But I’m glad you are not letting it stop you from reaching your personal goals.  That’s awesome!

I gather you live in London.  I spent 6 years there and fell in love with the place.  

Happy training!

2011-04-10 6:26 PM
in reply to: #3437487

User image

Veteran
Cuernavaca, Mexico
Twhittum - 2011-04-09 10:55 AM

Hi,

My name is Tracie and I would love to join your mentoring group.

I'm brand new to the Tri world, and I'm exicted about my first one on June 5th.

I'm pretty new to running, just did my first 1/2 marathon in Feb. My last 5k in March I did in 32 min.

I feel that swimming is my weakness. I'm an ok swimmer, but I never swam competitively. I've just started getting to the pool a couple of weeks ago. I had to push myself to get out of my comfort zone.

On a personal note I just turned the big 4-0 and have lost 70lbs in the last 2 1/2 years. I'm married with 2 kids, they are 2 1/2, and 4.

I'm ready to take my fitness to a new level.Laughing

Looking forward to great spring training.

Tracie

Tracie,

Wow!!!  A 70lb weigh loss is amazing.  Congratulations!  Smile

2011-04-10 6:31 PM

1. When is your first race this year? Where is it and what distance?
  2.        June 5th, Lansing, Mi. 400m swim, 9mi. bike 5k run
  3. What is the farthest you have swam?
  4.        not far
  5. What is your time for a 100yd/100m swim?
  6.       don't know yet
  7. Can you swim front crawl, backstroke, and breast stroke?
  8.          yes I can do all
  9. How many times each week can you realistically commit to swimming? For how long?
  10.         2 days a week, 2 hours total
  11. Have you ever used a pull buoy or kickboard?
  12.           no pull buoy, but yes to kickboard
  13. Do you know any swim drills?
  14.           i'm learning and could use some advice in that area
  15. Do you have a wet suit?
  16.          no not yet
2011-04-10 6:45 PM

subject swimming

was wondering if anyone has read Total Immersion?

and was wondering if you have read it what your thoughts are about the book?

and does anyone have any other books on swimming that would be helpful for a beginner?

Tracie

2011-04-10 6:56 PM
in reply to: #3438777

User image

Extreme Veteran
Naperville, IL
WittyCityGirl - 2011-04-10 4:40 PM

Hi Group!

We have one more person, Mike, that will be in our group and then we'll be full. 

Thank you for joining this mentor group!  This will be a great way to meet new people and learn more about triathlon.

Now that the majority of you have posted your bio, I'd like you to answer the following questions, they'll help me better guage where everyone is at (sorry if this is already in your bio, I need to re-wrap my mind around where everyone is at swimming wise).

1. When is your first race this year? Where is it and what distance?  End of May / sprint with swim in pool.
  2. What is the farthest you have swam?  1000 yards in a pool
  3. What is your time for a 100yd/100m swim?  All out = 2:10 / 100 yards
  4. Can you swim front crawl, backstroke, and breast stroke?  Crawl OK.  Others, HAH!
  5. How many times each week can you realistically commit to swimming? For how long?  3 times / week, 1 hour each
  6. Have you ever used a pull buoy or kickboard?  Yep.  Pull buoy = good, kicking = bad, evil, don't like
  7. Do you know any swim drills?  Yep, have some TI videos and book.  Catch up and fist are fun.  Balance drills are challenging -- probably means I should do them more!
  8. Do you have a wetsuit?  Bought a second hand one, but it's too small.  Will be looking for another won

There were more questions, but my posts are getting eaten today-not sure if it's the BT website or the fact that I'm on a work computer.  Thanks for answering the questions!

Edited by croixfan 2011-04-10 6:58 PM
2011-04-10 7:18 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Naperville, IL

Folks -- Think this is everyone / should be able to cut and past to your profile and have a reference to names and logons.

WittyCityGirl
Sink or Swim

Edited by croixfan 2011-04-10 7:23 PM
2011-04-10 7:49 PM

User image

Hello again!

Story-I am a 40 (41 in a few weeks) year mother of 2 and a second grade teacher. I started working out and running in my late 30s. I thought some long distance runs might be my thing, but my body thought otherwise. I have had three knee surgeries and it limits my running to about 3 days a week, under 10 miles (per doctor's orders). I follow it most of the time. Some friends, (swimmers) decided to try a triathlon and I thought it might be fun. Little did I realize that swimming would nearly kill me, but you read all of that earlier! We are currently in the middle of a move to a different town and workouts have been non-existent this winter. So I too am almost starting fresh. I am very much behind for the spring.

Races-2009 Napier Realtors Sprint Tri, 2010 Edinboro Triathlon (Team), Butler Sprint Triathlon, Presque Isle Sprint Triathlon, Napier Realtors Sprint Tri

First Race-2010 Dam Tri (July-Meadville, PA)

Big Race-Iron Girl Columbia (August 21st-Columbia, MD) Scary race for me. Swim is 1200 yards.

Strengths-Training. As soon as school is out, I have a plan and I am great at sticking to it. If a workout is on my calender, I rarely skip it. I might move it, but I never skip it. The bike is my favorite part.

Weakness-Pretty much everything, but the swim and run need the most improvement. Since my run is limited, the swim is something that I can work on. One time, I took off with my goggles on my head. Oh, and diet...that could definitely improve.

Goal-To improve my swim and make it more efficient, wim a mile, and make sure that I can make it out of the water in under and hour at Iron Girl. My 650 took me 22 minutes. It will likely take me 45 minutes. I would like it to be much less. I need some serious swim help and have no idea where to get it around here. I am thinging of joining a tri-club as soon as we move.

Looking forward to this group! I am not good at logging my workouts, so I will have to try and do that! Do I need to purchase a level, rather than use the free one?

2011-04-10 7:58 PM
in reply to: #3438745

Extreme Veteran

Thanks WittyCityGirl. I guess I should do my bio now right?

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Sink or SWIM! with WittyCityGirl - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 72