Chattanooga, Tennessee
United States
Chattanooga Track Club
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

The Scenic City Half-Marathon kicks off the Chattanooga Track Club's season each year. The course is bascially a tour of the downtown waterfront area of Chattanooga.
Event warmup:

Arrived at the race about an hour before the 8:00AM start time. The race was sold out. I picked up my timing chip and bib and went back to my car. It was about 35 degrees and the sun wasnt up yet so I wanted to stay warm as long as possible. I started warming up about 15 minutes prior to start. The was started right on time which was good.
Run
  • 1h 46m 55s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 08m 10s  min/mile
Comments:

My goal was to average an 8 minute mile. I went out a little too fast but eventually slowed into a pretty solid pace. The weather was perfect, about 40 degrees and sunshine. My goal at the one hour mark was to be about 7.5 miles which was where I was at that point. I took water twice, not really needing alot of hydration due to the temps. Felt strong throughout the race and finished pretty much on target. My training has been off somewhat due to the winter weather but was pleased with my performance.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing.
Post race
Warm down:

Cooled down, watched some friends finish and talked with some competitors. Everyone seemed to enjoy the event.

Event comments:

Very enjoyable kick-off to the 2011 race season

Last updated: 2011-02-28 12:00 AM
Running
01:46:55 | 13.1 miles | 08m 10s  min/mile
Age Group: 11/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: The course began at Finley Stadium in downtown Chattanooga. The first 3 miles or so were pretty uninspiring as it passed thru an industrial area. Eventually we were routed along side the Tennessee River, passing the Aquarium, the downtown Arts district and along side the river on the Riverwalk. We crossed the river two times on two different bridges. The course was enjoyable and pretty much lived up to its name.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes