General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone attending the Mad Dog's OWS/Run on Wednesday nights @ Pass-a-grille? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-03-19 7:09 PM

User image

Veteran
Saint Petersburg
Subject: Anyone attending the Mad Dog's OWS/Run on Wednesday nights @ Pass-a-grille?

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone is attending or has attended these? I have tried to get in touch via email to the Mad Dogs but no response. Just wanted some more info than the website gives! Thanks Courtney

2011-03-21 9:53 AM
in reply to: #3404991

User image

St. Petersburg
Subject: RE: Anyone attending the Mad Dog's OWS/Run on Wednesday nights @ Pass-a-grille?
Hey!!

I know several people who have attended them and says good things. I'll be going to my first one this Wed night (3/23). What type of information are you looking for? I know several Mad Dogs so if I don't know the answer, I can find out pretty quickly.

2011-03-21 10:13 AM

User image

Veteran
Saint Petersburg
Subject: RE: Anyone attending the Mad Dog's OWS/Run on Wednesday nights @ Pass-a-grille?
Hey, thanks!Yeah I am going to go weds too! Just questions like do we run 1st or swim 1st and can u just swim?Thanks again, Courtney
2011-03-21 11:34 AM

User image

St. Petersburg
Yep, you can just swim... they walk down the beach first and then swim back to where everyone is parked. From what I understand you can swim various distances. Generally there are people swimming 0.5 or 1 miles. After that it's up to you as to what you want to do. I think some people run, some just hang out, some eat... whatever. From what I understand as it gets closer and closer to St. Anthony's and more and more people come into town for that, this swim gets more and more popular.
2011-03-22 7:12 AM

User image

St. Petersburg
Also, there is a couple of great things that go on through ABC Bicycles in the shopping plaza on Central at 66th. This Fri and the last Fri of every month they do a social group ride to a restaurant, Peg's, in Gulfport. It's a lot of fun and a great group of people. At the last one that we had last year there was about 30 riders, of all ages and levels. There are even a few triathletes and Mad Dogs mixed in. And from the same bike shop on Tues at 6pm and Sat at 8am there is a ladies ride that goes out. Sometimes it's fast and sometimes it's just fun. We push each other and ride intervals on the Sat one a lot.

I moved here last June and joining these groups was the only way I had to meet people since I work from home. I've had a great time ever since!
2011-03-27 10:45 AM

Palmetto/Parish, FL

So how was the swim?

I live in St.Pete and am just starting out training.  I have not been in the water yet so I would like to build some endurance before attending some thing like this.  

2011-03-27 12:12 PM

User image

Veteran
Saint Petersburg
Really good and choppy! :0) There was probably aroung 60 peeps walking down the beach in wetsuits, kinda funny I am sure to the tourist out there. I stopped a couple of times to make sure I wasn't going out to see, but I was very pleased with my capabilities. After the swim some went to run the others congregated under the cabana and grilled out, met some really nice peeps and I am looking forward to the next one. You should come out you can get in to swim at any distance you want, we did the mile because that is the next one for me. Courtney
2011-03-27 5:03 PM

Palmetto/Parish, FL
Thats awesome, I think I will once that water warms up a bit (no wetsuit yet).  My fiance and I just got back from Passagrille and the wind and waves are kicking up pretty good.  She says I am not allowed to do my first tri until after our wedding (Aug 20).   We shall see
2011-04-06 3:12 PM
in reply to: #3416752

User image

New user

Are there any costs for the swims and is it o.k. if you know about the swim but don't know any of the swimmers persionally?

Thanks!

2011-04-06 4:19 PM

User image

Veteran
Saint Petersburg
It is free, and u don't need to know anyone. I am going tonight but can't swim I am gonna run instead. Come join us!
2011-04-22 7:13 AM

User image

New user

Just to follow-up, I went to my first swim this Wednesday and everyone there was great. I ran into a bunch of buddies that usually train at the YMCA. The atmosphere was very casual. Wish I would have brought some food to stay for the after party! Oh well, there is always next week.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone attending the Mad Dog's OWS/Run on Wednesday nights @ Pass-a-grille? Rss Feed