Running Fit
45F / 7C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 08m 37s
Overall Rank = 713/946
Age Group = 30-39 Women
Age Group Rank = 146/205
Pre-race routine:

Up and at the race early...hoping to see some of our BT friends before the race. I was able to catch up with Kimm and KL (who were both doing the 10K) and Mike met up with the others that were doing the half.
Event warmup:

Stretched, had some granola, hit the bathrooms and tried to stay warm. Whining and complaining, before I reluctantly took off my layers of clothing in preperation for the start.
Run
  • 1h 08m 37s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 11m 03s  min/mile
Comments:

I was a little grumpy at the start...cold, tired, and not really feeling like running. I started off the race with KL. I had my iPod going. My legs were numb from standing out in the cold for an hour. All of that helped, I think, because before I knew it...we were at the 5K mark and I was feeling just fine!

At that point, I thought there was a great chance I could finish the run without having to take a walking break (which is a HUGE accomplishment for me...I usually wimp out). Made it past mile 4 and then mile 5 and I was still feeling good. I was able to pick up the pace for the last half-mile and finished strong. I was SO happy that I did the entire 6.2 miles without walking. It is a first for me!
What would you do differently?:

More training.
Post race
Warm down:

Stretched, hydrated and watched my friends finish their races.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Lack of training.

Event comments:

The Running Fit team puts on great races...they are very organized and the race atmosphere is always fun. I look forward to this one again next year.

Last updated: 2011-03-29 12:00 AM
Running
01:08:37 | 06.21 miles | 11m 03s  min/mile
Age Group: 146/205
Overall: 713/946
Performance: Good
Course: Started at Forld Field in Dearborn, just a few blocks from Cheli's Chili. They modified the start this year to avoid the bottle neck that happened in the past. Winding through some neighborhoods, onto Hines Drive, through some bike trails and back. Fun route for me...not boring at all.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes